Re: English Channel World Swim Record Set Today!

  • dietlclaudia
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi,

      now I got further details on Bea's swim. She had to struggle a lot
      and it must have been more than a challenge. The problem was neither
      the weather nor her condition but outer hindrances like:

      - food supply failed
      - she had no water for 3 hours
      - she lost her bathing cap and had troubles with her hair in her face
      (fortunately it is not too long, but they had to cut parts of it out)
      - she had Vaseline on her swimming glasses and could not see anything

      and her time was 14 hours and 9 minutes. Under these conditions this
      is not only great - it's PHANTASTIC!!!

      Claudia

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ahelee_sf