Re: help

  • beverly_canada
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2005
      Dear Anubha

      The line

      "To have an Avatar as one's Guru is to have the greatest
      blessing that man can ever have."

      appears in "The Summits Of God-Life: Samadhi And Siddhi" by
      Sri Chinmoy.

      The text in its entirety can be found at can be found

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/summits-god-life/84.html

      (One who wonders if she can ever be grateful enough) Beverly
      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anubha2708
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Once when attending a class given by someone in the Centre
      (I wish I
      > could remember who that person was!) I remember hearing
      something
      > that, years later, has remained with very powerfully.
      >
      > They were commenting on a eastern belief that went
      something like
      > this:
      > "The greatest Blessing is to have a human incarnation so we
      can make
      > progress on earth,
      > An even greater Blessing is to lead a spiritual life in this life,
      > And the greatest of all possible Blessings is to have an Avatar
      > guide and carry you along the Way."
      >
      > Now, for years I have remembered this and a few weeks ago
      flicking
      > through a book (that I dont even remember if it was Guru's) I
      saw the
      > actual precise wording of this prayer or prose (whatever it
      should be
      > called). Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to my great
      > discovery at the time.
      >
      > Is there anybody out there in any corner of the cosmos that
      might
      > know either - where I saw this or where I might be able to find it
      > perhaps somewhere else?
      >
      > Love and gratitude
      > Anubha, Australia :-)
    • durba_l
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
        When I first started attending classes, I remembered at one
        time I was habouring doubts about the relevance of having a
        spiritual teacher in my life and the authenticity of what
        people said about Sri Chinmoy.

        I was born a Buddhist and even though I did not have any
        Buddhist religious upbringing, I have a very strong love for
        the Buddha. Once as a child, my mother took us to see a movie
        about the life of the Buddha. The Buddha in the movie
        captured my little heart and since then I always cherished
        the idea that to be able to sit at the Buddha's feet is the
        greatest blessing.

        Hence, at this stage when I was poised on whether to become a
        student of Sri Chinmoy, something in me came to the fore to
        counter my initial doubt, "What if the Buddha is alive now
        and people told you about him but you didn't believe them ?"
        The thought of missing out the chance to see the Buddha was
        unbearable, I had to see for myself, so I ask to be a student
        of Sri Chinmoy. The rest was history ...

        I found my sentiment echoed many years later in this
        particular utterances of Sister Christine with regards to her
        Guru, Swami Vivekananda, "Blessed is the country in which he
        was born, blessed are they who lived on this earth at the
        same time, and blessed, thrice blessed are the few who sat at
        his feet..."

        Sister Christine was one of the closest disciples of Swami
        Vivekananda. Against all odds and in extremely trying
        circumstances, she did Swami Vivekananda's work in India by
        teaching to the women of India and helping them in as many
        ways as she could. She is remembered as a woman of great
        spiritual accomplishment and bravery.

        I feel very very blessed, indeedÂ…