World Harmony Run promotion

  • anna_s_oz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      On Saturday Karina and I took the World Harmony Torch to Perisher
      Blue Ski Resort. Yes, we do have snow in Australia. It is a couple
      of hours away from Canberra and it is a great spot.

      We set up a World Harmony Run sign and offered the torch to people,
      telling them about the run, taking their photo, and directing them to
      our website.

      I have always said that the WHR is such an amazing way to reach
      people's hearts - all people, any people, and again the power of this
      awesome event expressed itself enthusiastically and whole-heartedly.

      The effect of holding the World Harmony Torch was expressed simply
      and effectively by a ranger who asked me about people's response to
      the torch. I told him that regardless of what people's ideas of
      world harmony may be, when they hold the torch, I find that they walk
      away looking much happier. He agreed and said that before holding the
      torch he was feeling bad because he had just taken someone to
      hospital for surgery, but after holding the torch he definately felt
      happier and relieved from what appeared to have been a traumatic
      experience.

      Many people approached us about torch instead of vice versa. So many
      people wanted their own photos taken with the torch it was not
      unusual for us to take photos with three separate cameras. They were
      coming up to us and borrowing the torch so they could take more
      photos!