Re: Beyond Wow

  • one_prachar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
      Good afternoon Snehashila

      Thank you for your response, this is very encouraging. The thing I
      neglected to mention in the narrative was that during that 6 months
      spent in New York, I lived mostly on prasad, and your cornbread
      served up at Progress Promise!

      Thank you again

      Prachar

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, snehashila2
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
      site. Well, this past visit,
      > I brought your exemplary and very excellent "Beyond Wow". She
      totally loved it and when I
      > finished reading it to her she exclaimed, "It's true. It's all
      true!" You gave us both a very
      > real and exceptional experience. Especially, I recall when I first
      met you -- after reading
      > your story, I remembered very clearly our many conversations since
      you stayed just a few
      > doors away from me. You gave Mridula a real birthday gift. She so
      enjoyed it! She asked
      > me to bring in other things you have written....so I will do just
      that.

      > Thank you, Snehashila
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > Prachar,
      > >
      > > When reading this story, not only was I allowed to experience the
      > > silent and exalted presence of Sri Chinmoy, but also I felt
      > > transported - I was right there completely absorbed in this
      magical
      > > experience that you related so beautifully. This story truly
      defines
      > > the meaning of "sharing".
      > >
      > > Like Christopher, you also managed to describe some lofty
      concepts in
      > > a manner that could be experienced by the reader. It is a
      benefit to
      > > seekers when such experiences are portrayed in a palpable way. I
      am
      > > actually allergic to spiritual platitudes that do not ring true
      :)
      > > You Aussie's are proving to be the real thing! I am thinking of
      the
      > > wonderful stories that were recently posted by your fellow
      compatriots
      > > - Karina, Christopher, Sahayak, Mark (goldenboat), your noble
      self
      > > and others that I apologize for leaving out. Niriha
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, one_prachar
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > In my early days on Sri Chinmoy's Path I read voraciously. That
      is
      > > > what I was used to doing. I had always read books on all manner
      of
      > > > subjects, like a vacuum cleaner sucking up information,
      theories,
      > > > experiences and perspectives.
      > > >
      > > > So when I came to meditation classes and saw this big bookcase
      with
      > > > row upon row of books, I just dove in.
      > > >
      > > > Much of what I read in Sri Chinmoy's books passed right over my
      head
      > > > (still does). I loved that. I loved the sense of being in the
      presence
      > > > of a higher Truth, and the dawning awareness that this Truth was
      > > > marvellously my own, being summoned gradually from a vast
      network of
      > > > unexplored caves deep below the familiar landscape of myself.
      This
      > > > Truth presented itself as answers to formed questions, to
      unformed and
      > > > unformable questions. It came as rain after a long, long
      drought.

      > > > Some of the things gleaned from that early reading:
      > > >
      > > > . a fully realised spiritual Master can see God, everywhere and
      in
      > > > everyone;
      > > > . a true spiritual Master teaches in silence;
      > > > . we are each a part of God, and God is within us - we ARE God.
      > > >
      > > > This was very, very good news. Not only did it change me, it
      changed
      > > > the whole world around me.
      > > >
      > > > Yet it couldn't fully sink in. The landscape was blooming,
      sure, but
      > > > you don't transform a desert into a tropical rainforest
      overnight. I
      > > > accepted it all, because it compelled me to. But like a child
      seeing
      > > > his first fireworks, I couldn't do much about it other than to
      mouth:
      > > > "Wow!"
      > > >
      > > > I went to New York to see Sri Chinmoy at the first opportunity.
      And
      > > > stayed for six months. A lot happened then. But the main thing
      that
      > > > happened was, I saw Sri Chinmoy meditating. I mean, REALLY
      meditating.
      > > > Forget the books, forget the world, forget the self, this was
      the real
      > > > thing and the only thing. Those six months were one eternal
      moment of
      > > > wonder and awe.
      > > >
      > > > For me, travelling was like reading books: couldn't get enough
      of it.
      > > > With great anticipation, prior to going to New York I
      purchased an
      > > > airline ticket that you could get in those days, on which you
      could
      > > > fly unlimited miles all around the US within a certain period.
      The
      > > > ticket was never used.
      > > >
      > > > It didn't matter what had been written or read, ever: when my
      Guru
      > > > meditated, God was everywhere. Guru's Eyes proclaimed it. He was
      > > > seeing, feeling, communing with and immersed in a Being so
      radiant,
      > > > beautiful, powerful, blissful and omni-everything that the world
      > > > stopped spinning.
      > > >
      > > > Then when Guru bowed with folded hands before his Beloved
      Supreme,
      > > > with absolute humility, gratitude and pure devotion... you
      felt, you
      > > > learned, you became the meaning and reality of these sublime
      > > > qualities.
      > > >
      > > > Right. The books were right: a spiritual Master CAN see God,
      and a
      > > > spiritual Master DOES teach in silence.
      > > >
      > > > This was now beyond wow.
      > > >
      > > > Fast-forward a year, to Sri Chinmoy's next visit to Australia.
      Sri
      > > > Chinmoy offered two historic concerts in one evening in
      Melbourne. The
      > > > following morning I was sitting alone at a small table in the
      > > > almost-empty lobby restaurant of Sri Chinmoy's hotel, possibly
      writing
      > > > something.
      > > >
      > > > Looking up, there was my Guru moving past outside the
      restaurant. My
      > > > heart stood to attention. Turning and pushing open the glass
      door with
      > > > the side of his hand and shoulder, without actually looking
      where he
      > > > was going, Guru entered and his presence came towards me. I was
      > > > already floating somehow, and couldn't think whether I should be
      > > > standing or what. The body evidently remained seated.
      > > >
      > > > The surrounding with its gentle clatter dissolved. My Guru was
      here.
      > > > Some words came from him, a few heart-melting words. Then a
      smile,
      > > > from the Beyond.
      > > >
      > > > He bowed. This was the same bow I had witnessed in rapt, exalted
      > > > moments at the conclusion of highest meditations. This was
      Guru's bow