Race Prayer July 30, 2005

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2005
      Sri Chinmoy offered the following race prayer after the
      Self-Transcendence 2-mile race on Saturday in New York.

      [unofficial]

      Every morning
      my devotion heart offers
      streaming gratitude tears
      to my Lord Supreme
      and devours
      the Golden Dust
      of His Golden Feet.

      Later that afternoon he set the prayer to music and he performed the
      song at a World Harmony Concert in the Bronx Saturday night. It is
      very soulful and haunting.

      Sharani
    • markhoogakker
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        Hi Sharani,

        Thank you so much for your accounts of the boat trip and the race
        prayers. It gives us truly the feeling of taking part in what is
        happening in New York. When I read the race prayer, I clearly
        pictured my sweaty self sitting down on the pavement after running
        two miles, cludging my little note boke and trying to write down Sri
        Chinmoy's inspiring message. It's a great joy for us non-newyorkers
        to read about even the smallest thing that Sri Chinmoy is doing.
        Thanks again and please keep up the good work!

        with gratitude,

        Mark