Are you a World Harmony Philosopher?

  • mateszekely
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2005
      Dear friends,

      I FEEL what the World Harmony Run is, and how it can foster creating
      harmony in the world, but I find it hard to explain with words. So I
      am asking for your kind explanations, short or longer-than-the-longest
      ones for my personal joy (and for those that read this site), and
      maybe for further use in kids/grown-ups education/communication. Pls.
      don't feel shy! It is not public examination...

      Mate

      PS

      "...My life-teacher teaches me:
      Everybody can reach out
      For a star."

      Sri Chinmoy

      [full poem here: http://tinyurl.com/9xkjz%5d
    • sumangali_m
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2005
        Perhaps the World Harmony Run defies explanation. Its events and the
        people whom it meets may be described - and how beautifully they often
        are - but perhaps not its essence. Its energy is elemental; its
        purpose, elementary to the heart, remains a cipher to the analytical.
        In the same way that such simple things as air or meditation defy
        description, its essence is a common denominator. Such things need no
        explanation, thus words have not been created with which to explain them.

        It may be that other things are more explanatory than explanation
        itself. By listening to Sri Chinmoy’s World-Harmony-Run Song, by
        seeing the eyes of a child holding the Torch, by reading reports of
        the valiant runners, surely anyone can understand.

        ...And when one does, perhaps one may be moved, enthused, comforted by
        its message, and thus be motivated to seek more keenly the same goal
        in one's own life. By its nature, the World Harmony Run’s story is
        about everyone, and thus (perhaps) needs no further introduction.

        Sumangali

        * * *

        If truth comes first
        In your life,
        Then you do not have to
        Explain anything to the world,
        For your eyes become
        The explanation of all things
        Big and small.

        Sri Chinmoy
        #2656, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 27
        (unofficial)

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, mateszekely
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Dear friends,
        >
        > I FEEL what the World Harmony Run is, and how it can foster creating
        > harmony in the world, but I find it hard to explain with words. So I
        > am asking for your kind explanations, short or longer-than-the-longest
        > ones for my personal joy (and for those that read this site), and
        > maybe for further use in kids/grown-ups education/communication. Pls.
        > don't feel shy! It is not public examination...
        >
        > Mate
        >
        > PS
        >
        > "...My life-teacher teaches me:
        > Everybody can reach out
        > For a star."
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy
        >
        > [full poem here: http://tinyurl.com/9xkjz%5d
      • dietlclaudia
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
          Hi,
          how can one express the inexpressible??? But let me try....
          The World Harmony Run is one of the best things to make people feel
          what real Harmony is. While running many miles or just a few metres
          people come together in a spirit of oneness, kindness and harmony. By
          passing the torch from one hand to another everybody has the chance
          to dive deep within a holy moment of inner silence that remains
          forever inside your heart.

          This inner feeling offers the conviction that harmony all over the
          world is possible one day. Let it just spread from one person to
          another as often as necessary to reach everyone. Every single step is
          important and none is useless. With these positive efforts a strong
          force can be built to conquer disharmony, anger and conflicts and one
          day even wars.

          Gratitude to all participants for their many steps

          Claudia

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Dear friends,
          >
          > I FEEL what the World Harmony Run is, and how it can foster
          creating
          > harmony in the world, but I find it hard to explain with words. So
          > am asking for your kind explanations, short or longer-than-the-
          longest
          > ones for my personal joy (and for those that read this site), and
          > maybe for further use in kids/grown-ups education/communication.
          Pls.
          > don't feel shy! It is not public examination...
          >
          > Mate
          >
          > PS
          >
          > "...My life-teacher teaches me:
          > Everybody can reach out
          > For a star."
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy
          >
          > [full poem here: http://tinyurl.com/9xkjz%5d
        • one_prachar
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
            A response in triptych...

            1) World Harmony Run is a flame.

            When a flame touches ready fuel, we know what happens: fire bursts
            forth and spreads. Both fuel and flame are needed. Here the fuel is
            the inner hunger for harmony which is in each individual heart and the
            world heart. Just as a flame is useless without fuel to burn, so the
            World Harmony Run is meaningless without this inner hunger.
            Fortunately, such a hunger is everywhere, offering plenty of
            combustible fuel for a mighty bonfire of oneness, joy and harmony.

            And this bonfire is also ... World Harmony Run.

            *************

            2) World Harmony Run is a song.

            A song lives wherever it is sung, a blossoming of light and joy
            painting bright the halls of every heart it fills. It may be composed
            by someone in one place, and performed by another in another place,
            yet neither composer nor performer can own the song. Once it is sung
            inside any heart, it is owned by that heart. Even so, each heart which
            embraces the World Harmony Run can claim World Harmony Run as its own.
            It is property of the oneness-happiness-heart of humanity. As
            everyone owns this song-run, so everyone can interpret and express it
            in his or her own way. And each will be perfectly correct, each
            expression of each happy heart a melody, rhythm or cadence melding
            into an ever-widening harmony.

            And this universal symphony of heart-songs is also ... World Harmony
            Run.

            *************

            3) World Harmony Run is a journey.

            This is no slow boat. This is an urgent, accelerating run, run, run,
            run, run, run! It is the flight of human consciousness abandoning the
            mire of division-mind for the liberation of our common heart-sky. It
            is the quest for "the oneness and fullness of Tomorrow's Sun," that
            state of complete, radiant, blissful fulfillment which is the
            immediate goal and destiny of evolving humankind. This destination is
            ours, but not if we just sit around. As movement invites the goal, we
            must move purposefully forward, we must run and in running discover
            our destination is already here, within. For those who are running,
            "we ARE..." [not "we shall be..."] "...the oneness and fullness of
            Tomorrow's Sun." This journey IS our destination.

            And this destination is also ... World Harmony Run.

            posted by Prachar

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m