Re: Running Transcendence News

  • transformationdance
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2003
      This world record Ahelee just wrote about is stunning.

      Normally records like these are broken in small incremements, but to have the new world
      record reduced by 43 seconds to drop below 2:05 is incredible. In all the minds of the
      marathoners around the world, the threshold of possibility just shifted significantly.

      I'm reminded of a recent documentary on Reinhold Messner, the first man to climb Mt.
      Everest without oxygen and also the first man to climb Everest alone. He talked about
      the significance of breaking the barrier that kept others from believing it was possible.
      He was so incredibly inspired to provide that inspiration to others. Even now he has
      established a climbing museum in the Italian Dolomites (with a breathtaking view).

      Others have followed in his footsteps and has made the mountain of mountains
      climbable. Of special note, he said his true motivation to climb Everest was to discover
      more about himself and face his perceived limitations.

      These pioneers have a special spirit about them which seems to kindle an adventurous
      spark inside when you hear about them -- also a kind of "win one for the team" feeling
      that makes you proud to be human.

      -Natabara