My Life's Soul-Journey

  • chakori_aharan
    Message 1 of 84 , Jul 27, 2005
      July 27

      If you want to understand yourself, then do
      not examine yourself. Just love yourself
      more sincerely, more soulfully and more
      self-givingly.

      I love myself. What do I love about myself? Not
      my body. If I love my body for the sake of my
      body, tomorrow I shall be frustrated because
      there are millions and billions of human beings
      on earth who are more beautiful than I am.
      Naturally I will feel miserable. If I love my physical
      mind for the sake of my mind, tomorrow I
      shall see millions and billions of mental giants
      right in front of me, and my mental capacity will
      fade into insignificance. If I love my vital
      dynamism for the sake of my vital dynamism,
      then I shall see that there are millions and billions
      of people who are simply inundated with striking
      dynamism. Similarly, if I love anything else of my
      own for its own sake, I am bound to be frustrated.
      I shall defeat my own divine purpose. But if I love
      myself just because God is expressing Himself
      through this body, vital, mind and heart, then I
      see that I am unique and peerless in the whole
      history of the universe, because no other individual
      is going to be created by God with the same
      capacities, the same understanding, or the same
      experiences.

      A heart of love
      Has to be used
      Always for a sacred purpose.

      Sri Chinmoy

      from the book:
      "My Life's Soul-Journey"
      Daily Meditations

      [text above is unofficial]
    • chakori_aharan
      Message 84 of 84 , Oct 26, 2005
        October 25

        It is absolutely necessary to prevent oneself
        from giving off impure vital love. Otherwise,
        one will constantly gave to wrestle with the
        gigantic forces of ignorance.

        One has to use love not to bind or possess the
        world, but to free and widen one's own consciousness
        and the consciousness of the world.
        One must not try to substitute the heart's pure
        love for the impure vital love. What one must do
        is to bring the heart's purifying and transforming
        love into the impure vital. The vital, as such, is not
        bad at all. When the vital is controlled, purified
        and transformed, it becomes a most significant
        instrument of God.

        Only when our dynamic vital
        Challenges the wild emotional vital
        Can our soul erase