Re: Work for President Gorbachev

  • nayak_ltp
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2003
      Like the Berlin Wall coming down and Pres. Mandela being released,
      the appearance of pres. Gorbachev on the world scene was one of the
      great events of recent years. His friendship with Sri Chinmoy and
      his growing use of spiritual expressions in his speeches is also a
      wonderful progress to behold.

      Thanks, Shashanka, for this reminder.

      Yours,

      Nayak

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shashanka_ch
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > The recent postings about Raisa Maximovna Gorbachev have brought
      back
      > memories of the times around 1987 when President Gorbachev had
      become
      > President of the Sowjet Union and started to move ahead with
      > unprecedented unilateral disarmement of large parts of the Sowjet
      > Nuclear arsenal. I had been a few years on the path then and I was
      > tremendously inspired by President Gorbachev.
      > I remember speaking with my father about President Gorbachev's
      > Perestroika and I assured him that if I would not be with Sri
      Chinmoy,