Work for President Gorbachev

  • shashanka_ch
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2003
      The recent postings about Raisa Maximovna Gorbachev have brought back
      memories of the times around 1987 when President Gorbachev had become
      President of the Sowjet Union and started to move ahead with
      unprecedented unilateral disarmement of large parts of the Sowjet
      Nuclear arsenal. I had been a few years on the path then and I was
      tremendously inspired by President Gorbachev.
      I remember speaking with my father about President Gorbachev's
      Perestroika and I assured him that if I would not be with Sri Chinmoy,
      I would go and work for President Gorbachev !

      Long live Mikhail Gorbachev !

      Shashanka

      Find out more about Sri Chinmoy's huge universe at
      http://www.srichinmoy.org/html/resources/index.html
    • nayak_ltp
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2003
        Like the Berlin Wall coming down and Pres. Mandela being released,
        the appearance of pres. Gorbachev on the world scene was one of the
        great events of recent years. His friendship with Sri Chinmoy and
        his growing use of spiritual expressions in his speeches is also a
        wonderful progress to behold.

        Thanks, Shashanka, for this reminder.

        Yours,

        Nayak