Kailash's memo technique for learning songs, part 1

  • doriscott20002000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      I am sure Kailash is more then willing to share his memo technique
      with everybody as he did with us here and there.

      I hope the translation is not too bad.

      There are different techniques to learn alphabetical orders by
      heart, but they are working only up to 100. Here is my technique to
      learn 1000 elements by heart. It needs a little effort but it works
      very well to assign a number like 746 to the appropriate song.

      We all can count from 1 to 1000; So the alphabetical order we
      already have. Unfortunately we are not so good in memorizing
      numbers. It is easier for us to memorize words and ideas. It is even
      easier for us to memorize the relationships between words. So the
      main thing here is to assign a word to a song. That's all.

      For the assignment of numbers I am using the following system:

      * 0=s, 1=d,t, 2=n, 3=m,4=r, 5=l,6=j,sch,z,ts, 7=g,k,ch, 8=f,ph, 9=b,p

      It is about the sound, how you hear it, and not how you write it.
      Now you form a word for each number, where the first two consonants
      are counted. 93 for example starts with "b" or "p" and goes on
      with "m" like BOMB. It is important that you can umagine something
      around the word. Now you can create your own alphabetical order from
      1 to 100. In case you forget one word, you always remember(at least
      after a while) that the number 93 starts with "b" and goes on
      with "m." After a while of practising you remember: 93=BOMB.

      Now you assign the word with the song number 93, **SURE SURE MADHUR
      SURE. You may not memorize "Sure" but "Surashri" I know for example.
      I imagine Surashri throwing a bomb. (I am sorry, Kailash's german
      example had Surashri uprooting a tree: In German it means "Baum").
      The more extraordinary the imagianation the better the memory.
      (See!!):-) In the beginning you might be slow: Song 93?
      93=bomb=Shurashri=Sure sure madhur sure. After a while you become
      very fast, you even forget the links, you just know: 93? Of
      course: "Sure sure..."

      This system applies to numbers from 01 to 99.

      Fundamentally it also applies to the numbers 100 to 999 by counting
      the first three consonants of a word, but it's harder to find
      appropriate words. Therefore I...

      ...stop here for today.

      * These are german letters, you may have to replace them with
      English ones.

      ** And here you have to replace the song with the song you want to
      learn.

      Happy learning