Sri Chinmoy's prayers old and new

  • newinspiration2003 <newinspiration2003@y
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2003

      Hey guys thanks for sending along some of the newer prayers
      and thanks Ahuta for sending alsong that favorite one of yours.
      On January 7 I was recting the special prayer 44 times according
      to how many years I''ve been on the earth. The prayer goes as
      follows:
      My ever-increasingly
      Compassionate Lord Supreme,
      I am praying to You
      With my heart's silence-tears.
      Do accept the cheerful surrentder
      Of my mind's freedom.

      Sri Chinmoy's original comments on this prayer included the
      following:
      This is something very specail. I would like you to most soulfuly
      recite this prarey as many times as your age. You are bound to
      get results in happiness and in fulfillment. It is my wish that every
      year, no matter where you are, on the 7th you will recite this
      prayer, as long as you are on earth.

      I was reciting this prayer and marvelling about its powerful effect
      on me. Then I started to think about its inner meaning. First the
      fact that our Lord Supreme is ever increasing in His
      compassion. That means that He is transcending Himself too!
      Secondly that we pray with our heart's silence-tears - that is the
      prayer that we find only in the depth of our pure heart-silence.
      Finally, the cheerful surrender of our mind's freedom. This is not
      the surrender of our heart or of our soul. It is the surrender of
      that
      aspect of our selves that is afraid of progress, afraid of the
      magnitude of the Supreme's love, afraid of the capacity of our
      own soul. It is the surrender of that part of ourselves - others
      have called it our limited ego-self - which makes silly and
      ultimately failed attempts to limit the beautiful unfoldment of who
      we truly are....

      Anyway, this prayer has true power - as Sri Chinmoy said it did!!!

      Atmatyagi
    • nivedak_corradini <nivedak_corradini@yah
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 18, 2003
        Hi Atmatyagi,

        thanks for your explanations on the special
        prayer for January 7; I have never thought so
        deeply about its special meaning. Especially
        the heart's silence-tears. That's probably
        anyway the best way to pray.
        Thank you for making me understand this
        prayer better.

        I wish you were still here with us on the trip!
        All the best,

        Nivedak

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, "newinspiration2003