Re: Kalpanatit's running

  • palyati
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2005
      Thanks for the update, Jackie! I am always excited and happy to read
      about Kalpanatit's successes. He's a gifted athlete, one of the
      elite. Good running, Kalpanatit.

      Palyati

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jkbroderick6
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Kalpanatit continues to run in many races, both road and track. On
      > Sunday he ran in Los Angeles in the Cinco de Mile - one mile road
      race -
      > sponsored by Nike. He won, with a time of 4 minutes 11 seconds.
      > Sudahota and his sister Carole were there, announcing the winners,
      as
      > well as Joaquim Cruz and his youngest son, Paulo. It was a very fun
      event.

      > A few months ago, Kalpanatit ran in local 5K cross-country race
      > through the very hilly Balboa Park. He said that before the race he
      > overheard some runners talking about the prize to the race winner -
      > digital camera and printer. When he heard that, he thought, "I'm
      > definetely going to win this race." He did win and was very happy to
      > have his first camera, which he gave me. Now I can take pictures of
      > him running.
      >
      > There was also another local race in Balboa Park that was a first
      time
      > race and the organizers were quite disorganized. At one point in the
      > race, Kalpanatit said that he had to come to a complete stop as
      there
      > were no markers to show which way to go. He stood there looking
      around
      > until one organizer standing at the top of a hill saw him and ran
      down
      > to tell him which way to go. It was pretty funny.
      >
      > Just thought you'd like an update.
      >
      > Jackie
      > San Diego
    • nayaknayaknayak
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2005
        Kalpanatis is more than a runner. He is a runner plus a gentleman
        plus an adventurer plus a sincere and honest comrade on the road to
        wherever the road is going--God and Life and Beauty and so forth.
        Congratulations Kalpanatit! His mother is also amazing. Such a good
        mother. Sri Chinmoy is always eager for news of Kalpanatit's running.

        We in Seattle saw him grow up, and we will always claim him as our
        very own.

        Yours,

        Nayak

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Kalpanatit continues to run in many races, both road and track. On
        > Sunday he ran in Los Angeles in the Cinco de Mile - one mile road
        race -
        > sponsored by Nike. He won, with a time of 4 minutes 11 seconds.
        > Sudahota and his sister Carole were there, announcing the winners, as
        > well as Joaquim Cruz and his youngest son, Paulo. It was a very fun
        event.

        > A few months ago, Kalpanatit ran in local 5K cross-country race
        > through the very hilly Balboa Park. He said that before the race he
        > overheard some runners talking about the prize to the race winner - a
        > digital camera and printer. When he heard that, he thought, "I'm
        > definetely going to win this race." He did win and was very happy to
        > have his first camera, which he gave me. Now I can take pictures of
        > him running.
        >
        > There was also another local race in Balboa Park that was a first time
        > race and the organizers were quite disorganized. At one point in the
        > race, Kalpanatit said that he had to come to a complete stop as there
        > were no markers to show which way to go. He stood there looking around
        > until one organizer standing at the top of a hill saw him and ran down
        > to tell him which way to go. It was pretty funny.
        >
        > Just thought you'd like an update.
        >
        > Jackie
        > San Diego
      • snehashila2
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2005
          Dear Jackie...great mother that you are!

          So very happy to learn of these recent passages in our Kalpanatit's running. It is such a
          joy for us to find that he is continuing to surpass all those who aspire to overtake him.
          God has blessed him in a very special way and he is doing such a wonderful manifestation
          with his dedication and determination, besides. Happy you now have that new camera!

          I shall never forget him as a young child on the early Harmony Runs. He spoke as if he
          were a mature man to all those who he encountered. Now he is still spreading this
          incredible light in ever increasing circles to our complete delight! Joy is all I feel in my heart when I hear of his latest ventures.

          And Nayak, you are right to try to claim him, but he belongs to all of our hearts.
          All love, Snehashila

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > Kalpanatis is more than a runner. He is a runner plus a gentleman
          > plus an adventurer plus a sincere and honest comrade on the road to
          > wherever the road is going--God and Life and Beauty and so forth.
          > Congratulations Kalpanatit! His mother is also amazing. Such a good
          > mother. Sri Chinmoy is always eager for news of Kalpanatit's running.
          >
          > We in Seattle saw him grow up, and we will always claim him as our
          > very own.
          >
          > Yours,
          >
          > Nayak
          >
          > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jkbroderick6
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > Kalpanatit continues to run in many races, both road and track. On
          > > Sunday he ran in Los Angeles in the Cinco de Mile - one mile road
          > race -
          > > sponsored by Nike. He won, with a time of 4 minutes 11 seconds.
          > > Sudahota and his sister Carole were there, announcing the winners, as
          > > well as Joaquim Cruz and his youngest son, Paulo. It was a very fun
          > event.
          > >
          > > A few months ago, Kalpanatit ran in local 5K cross-country race
          > > through the very hilly Balboa Park. He said that before the race he
          > > overheard some runners talking about the prize to the race winner - a
          > > digital camera and printer. When he heard that, he thought, "I'm
          > > definetely going to win this race." He did win and was very happy to
          > > have his first camera, which he gave me. Now I can take pictures of
          > > him running.
          > >
          > > There was also another local race in Balboa Park that was a first time
          > > race and the organizers were quite disorganized. At one point in the
          > > race, Kalpanatit said that he had to come to a complete stop as there
          > > were no markers to show which way to go. He stood there looking around
          > > until one organizer standing at the top of a hill saw him and ran down
          > > to tell him which way to go. It was pretty funny.
          > >
          > > Just thought you'd like an update.
          > >
          > > Jackie
          > > San Diego
        • sarah_inseattle
          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2005
            Nayak took the words right out of my mouth! Kalpanati's running
            accomplishments are mind-boggling!!! And he's such a great guy,
            too! And Seattle claims him as our own, very own!!! And I am all
            admiration and affection for Jackie, his mum. Can we claim her, too,
            please?!!!

            Love to Jackie & Kalpanati,
            Sarah, Anna, & Ethan in Seattle
            P.S. Ethan wants to know whether the 4:11 time broke a record. If
            it didn't, it should have! GO KALPANATI!!!!

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Kalpanatis is more than a runner. He is a runner plus a gentleman
            > plus an adventurer plus a sincere and honest comrade on the road to
            > wherever the road is going--God and Life and Beauty and so forth.
            > Congratulations Kalpanatit! His mother is also amazing. Such a good
            > mother. Sri Chinmoy is always eager for news of Kalpanatit's
            running.

            > We in Seattle saw him grow up, and we will always claim him as our
            > very own.
            >
            > Yours,
            >
            > Nayak
            >
            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jkbroderick6
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > Kalpanatit continues to run in many races, both road and track.
            On
            > > Sunday he ran in Los Angeles in the Cinco de Mile - one mile road
            > race -
            > > sponsored by Nike. He won, with a time of 4 minutes 11 seconds.
            > > Sudahota and his sister Carole were there, announcing the
            winners, as
            > > well as Joaquim Cruz and his youngest son, Paulo. It was a very
            fun
            > event.
            > >
            > > A few months ago, Kalpanatit ran in local 5K cross-country race
            > > through the very hilly Balboa Park. He said that before the race
            he
            > > overheard some runners talking about the prize to the race
            winner - a
            > > digital camera and printer. When he heard that, he thought, "I'm
            > > definetely going to win this race." He did win and was very
            happy to
            > > have his first camera, which he gave me. Now I can take pictures
            of
            > > him running.
            > >
            > > There was also another local race in Balboa Park that was a
            first time
            > > race and the organizers were quite disorganized. At one point in
            the
            > > race, Kalpanatit said that he had to come to a complete stop as
            there
            > > were no markers to show which way to go. He stood there looking
            around
            > > until one organizer standing at the top of a hill saw him and
            ran down
            > > to tell him which way to go. It was pretty funny.
            > >
            > > Just thought you'd like an update.
            > >
            > > Jackie
            > > San Diego
          • projjwal27
            Message 5 of 8 , May 8, 2005
              That's phantastic - he makes big strides not only to win races but to
              become an outstanding athlete. Too bad he can't play soccer anymore.
              Greetings to you and your son from all of us - Aruna, Karali and
              Projjwal
              who loves to watch great runners!

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Kalpanatit continues to run in many races, both road and track. On
              > Sunday he ran in Los Angeles in the Cinco de Mile - one mile road
              race -
              > sponsored by Nike. He won, with a time of 4 minutes 11 seconds.
              > Sudahota and his sister Carole were there, announcing the winners,
              as
              > well as Joaquim Cruz and his youngest son, Paulo. It was a very fun
              event.

              > A few months ago, Kalpanatit ran in local 5K cross-country race
              > through the very hilly Balboa Park. He said that before the race he
              > overheard some runners talking about the prize to the race winner -
              > digital camera and printer. When he heard that, he thought, "I'm
              > definetely going to win this race." He did win and was very happy to
              > have his first camera, which he gave me. Now I can take pictures of
              > him running.
              >
              > There was also another local race in Balboa Park that was a first
              time
              > race and the organizers were quite disorganized. At one point in the
              > race, Kalpanatit said that he had to come to a complete stop as
              there
              > were no markers to show which way to go. He stood there looking
              around
              > until one organizer standing at the top of a hill saw him and ran
              down
              > to tell him which way to go. It was pretty funny.
              >
              > Just thought you'd like an update.
              >
              > Jackie
              > San Diego
            • arpan_deangelo
              Message 6 of 8 , May 10, 2005
                Jackie and Kalpanatit,

                I have not been able to get on the Inspiration Website since leaving
                on the World Harmony Run in April. So much to do out here besides all
                the great running. It's a lot of work but very rewarding as we spread
                and share messages of harmony and love and oneness around this vast
                country.

                I am so glad to hear about Kalpanatit's running and racing. i am also
                proud to say that he was the youngest member ever to be on the
                original Run in 1987 when he was 6 years old. I was fortunate to watch
                after him for a week or so and I knew then that he was already a
                superb athlete. We played some wiffle ball with the guys in our spare
                time which we had more of back then, and little Javon(Kalpanatit) was
                always the star of the game even though he was so young. We could not
                contain him either when he was running with us and now that his energy
                is very disciplined and developed, the rest of the world is starting
                to see what a world class athlete he really is.

                All credit to his mom, Jackie, and his spiritual teacher, Sri Chinmoy,
                who have guided and inspired him to be the great person and athlete
                that he is. I hope you can come out and join us for a few days,
                Kalpanatit!!! You will have learn how to run pretty slowly though.

                I do not know if you got the message that we met with Philloman
                Henneck in North Carolina a few weeks ago. He is still the world
                record holder for the road mile, 3:46!!!!!!!
                He was almost unbeatable at many distances between 1500meters to 10Km
                in the years between 1992 and 1995. He is now 33 years old and still
                runs under 4 minute miles. His second marathon was 2 hour 10 minutes.
                We want to get you two together someday. He is a wonderful person,
                originally from Zimbabwe but now lives here.

                I hope to read more on this site, but internet access and free time
                are limited out here on the open road. I am writing a lot for the
                World Harmony Run website though, so please visit it often. We have
                great photos there as well, everyday.

                Miss you all on our virtual Inspiration Family. Keep up the good work
                with all the inspirational stories.

                Gratefully,
                Arpan

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, projjwal27