Re: RECEPTIVITY

  • melinda_geelong
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2005
      Nayak, my belief after having worked closely with domestic
      animals for 20 years as a Veterinarian, is that if their
      souls choose to be incarnated into a life of close proximity
      to humans then they are often extremely receptive to our love
      or other feelings. There is much evidence to support that
      animals instincts are highly refined receptors to forces that
      we as humans have indeed "clouded" with the thick layers that
      Guru describes; layers produced by a developed and
      unillumined mind. The domestic animals have the mercy of
      undeveloped intellect and as such will rely on body language
      and the vibrations that we generate when we wish to
      communicate at a nonverbal level. They can read us very
      clearly. ( please do not pat wild animals who have had no to
      minimal human contact!)

      Melinda
      Geelong
    • parashita7
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2005
        My cat, Gita, hides at least an hour before anyone rings the door
        bell. She is especially affectionate when I get home from
        celebrations and meditations. She is mesmerized by Sri Chinmoy's
        music. Last night I remembered something Sri Chinmoy said about
        benefiting from the divine qualities of a domestic animal and tried
        to list my Gita's divine qualities. Among them I found: sincerity,
        innocence, sweetness, love, beauty, humor, dignity and grace.
        Whenever I pray for protection, I include her in my prayers.

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, melinda_geelong
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Nayak, my belief after having worked closely with domestic
        > animals for 20 years as a Veterinarian, is that if their
        > souls choose to be incarnated into a life of close proximity
        > to humans then they are often extremely receptive to our love
        > or other feelings. There is much evidence to support that
        > animals instincts are highly refined receptors to forces that
        > we as humans have indeed "clouded" with the thick layers that
        > Guru describes; layers produced by a developed and
        > unillumined mind. The domestic animals have the mercy of
        > undeveloped intellect and as such will rely on body language
        > and the vibrations that we generate when we wish to
        > communicate at a nonverbal level. They can read us very
        > clearly. ( please do not pat wild animals who have had no to
        > minimal human contact!)
        >
        > Melinda
        > Geelong
      • stephanie_geelong
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2005
          -my dog pooch took herself for a walk. The back gate was left open by
          mistake.I drove around looking for her. I prayed very hard. The second
          place I looked was in the next street. I pulled up next to the postman
          and asked if he had seen a little black dog. He gave me a very
          strange look and said there was one in the driveway nextdoor. I
          backed up and there she was safe and sound. I pray for protection for
          my two dogs every day.

          -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, parashita7