Re: Singing the Invocation Guru spoke about at Joy Day

  • archeemoffitt
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2005
      Dear Everyone,

      At a Joy Day at Pulak's mothers house maybe 1 yr. ago or so
      Sri Chinmoy did speak about the Invocation asking if there
      was a recording of it with him singing and saying his
      students could sing with it everyday. There is a tape with
      only the Invocation on it repeated for the whole tape.
      I sing with it every day.

      Gratitude, Archee

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anubha2708
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > To Adesh and All Others who have posted about singing the
      Invocation,

      > I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you all. I have
      been
      > so inspired and encouraged by your postings this week.
      >
      > Your postings have helped me on many occasions to become more
      > conscious of how much, much, much more soulful I can be singing
      this
      > sacred song.
      >
      > This morning I sang the Invocation along with Sri Chinmoy on the
      > recording of "My Prayerful Salutations to the United Nations" CD
      > collection. I used to sing with this recording all the time as it
      is
      > my favourite but somehow I stopped doing it. It is so beautiful as
      > you can also hear also the disciples singing along too. Anyway my
      > heart was full of love for our Guru but also to all my worldwide
      > spiritual family for all the love and support I receive from you
      > everyday. Thank you thank you!
      >
      > I have just put a note on my shrine to remind myself of the
      > importance of singing this song soulfully EVERYDAY! Is anyone aware
      > of any comments Sri Chinmoy may have written about the significance
      > of song?
      >
      > With a heart of gratitude once again
      > Anubha, Australia
      > "Let is be our choice to make a world where everyone helps each
      > other". Sri Chinmoy
    • franmbc
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2005
        I like to think of it as follows:

        The Invocation is a song which embodies and expresses a very, very
        high level of consciousness.

        Even though my attention inevitably wanders, I
        get satisfaction from the feeling that each attempt does bring me
        closer to the Goal, and I get joy from feeling that although I am
        currently a beginner - just a "little aspirant" - I have been given
        a "big aspirant's" excercise to practice every day. And we all
        know that practice makes perfect!

        It's a bit like a small child being given something which their
        parent owns. They don't really know how to use it properly, but get
        so much joy because it is a gift from the parent. Gradually, as they
        grow up, they come to understand it better and use it properly,
        until eventually they are all grown up and come to own it for
        themselves. And of course it is the gift itself which has been
        teaching them all this time and has made them into what they
        eventually become.

        So I guess what I'm saying is, that if we just keep sincerely trying
        to sing the Invocation soulfully and perfectly, it will itself teach
        us how to do that. It's just that we're currently still in training.

        "Keep singing, keep singing,
        God will soon be arriving."
        [unofficial version]
        (the words to one of Sri Chinmoy's songs)

        Fran

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, adesh_widmer
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > It is actually one of the greatest challenges for me to sing the
        > Invocation everyday soulfully.
        >
        > Having sung it thousands of times, there is not one time where I
        could
        > sing it through, fully concentrating and being in the heart. It is
        > actually everyday a new challenge - one of the hardest.
        >
        > Even just before I start I say to myself: Now this time you do not
        > think of anything else! So perhaps the frist line I can manage, and
        > then suddenly I find myself already in the fourth line. Or even
        worse,
        > I find myself singing the last line already having thought of God
        > knows mundane things all the Invocation through. What a shame.
        >
        > Perhaps there are more experiences, hopefully more advanced then
        this.

        > Never give up!
        >
        > Good luck to everybody
        > Adesh - at present in China again!?!
        >
        > to the moderator: Can I change my identification somehow?
        > I'd like to have a new one.
        > Greetings
        > Adesh
        >

        > [Yes, Adesh, you can have a new login name. Just follow the process
        > you did the very first time. There is no facility to just rename an
        > old login name.]
      • niriha7
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2005
          Hi Tejal, Do you know the title of the tape (CD) that you referred to
          regarding the different versions of the Invocation?

          Will you run the 3100 this year? Speaking of smiles - you often had
          a remarkable smile during that race. Niriha

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, tejal_light01
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Anuba
          >
          > You reminded me of an excellent idea.
          > I will sing the Invocation together with Guru using the tape where
          > Guru sings and plays it in many different ways.
          >
          > I especially adore the one with pipe organ - it is so powerful!!!
          >
          > Tejal
          >

          > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anubha2708
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > To Adesh and All Others who have posted about singing the
          > Invocation,
          > >
          > > I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you all. I have
          > been
          > > so inspired and encouraged by your postings this week.
          > >
          > > Your postings have helped me on many occasions to become more
          > > conscious of how much, much, much more soulful I can be singing
          > this
          > > sacred song.
          > >
          > > This morning I sang the Invocation along with Sri Chinmoy on the
          > > recording of "My Prayerful Salutations to the United Nations" CD
          > > collection. I used to sing with this recording all the time as it
          > is
          > > my favourite but somehow I stopped doing it. It is so beautiful
          as
          > > you can also hear also the disciples singing along too. Anyway
          my
          > > heart was full of love for our Guru but also to all my worldwide
          > > spiritual family for all the love and support I receive from you
          > > everyday. Thank you thank you!
          > >
          > > I have just put a note on my shrine to remind myself of the
          > > importance of singing this song soulfully EVERYDAY! Is anyone
          aware
          > > of any comments Sri Chinmoy may have written about the
          significance
          > > of song?
          > >
          > > With a heart of gratitude once again
          > > Anubha, Australia
          > > "Let is be our choice to make a world where everyone helps each
          > > other". Sri Chinmoy
        • tejal_light01
          Message 4 of 14 , May 6, 2005
            Hi Niriha

            I am very sorry about long delay :(
            The title of the tape is simply "The Invocation"

            Thank you about my smile. It seams that only during ultraraces (10
            day race 2003) it appears - it is so misterious :).

            Nowdays I have had interesting experiences with smiles, seeing my
            smile how it mirrors itself in the other person making me smalling
            even more.

            3,100 is a too long for me at the moment (my longest is 10 day race).
            I hope to come for the ultra-trio in September for the first time
            but there are lots of things to happen in between.......

            Thank you Niriha

            Tejal

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7