"Meditate On" comes alive!

  • sushmitam_r
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      I must have had an especially good meditation this morning (not that I noticed at the
      time!) Or perhaps Grace just descended, as it seems to do frequently when one
      meditates! At any rate, after meditating I was reading "Meditate On", which for those
      of you that haven't come across it is a beautifull little book by Guru with different
      suggestions for what to meditate on for different qualities you want to invoke. As I
      read each one, and visualised briefly the image described, I found that an experience
      of the quality I was invoking "burst" inside me - rather like a series of inner balloons
      bursting. If only I had this level of receptivity all the time, then I would be flooded
      with beautiful spiritual experiences at every moment just from looking around me!

      Here's a few of my favourites from the book-:

      What do you want?
      I want love.
      Meditate on the nest of a bird.
      Meditate on a grandfather and grandchild.

      What do you want?
      I want hope.
      Meditate on a seed under the ground.
      Meditate on a lovely tender plant.

      What do you want?
      I want bliss.
      Meditate on a sailboat.
      Meditate on the full moon.

      I'd include more but excess typing has rendered my right hand inoperable for the
      moment so I'm a one finger left hand typist today!

      Happy reading everyone!
      Sushmitam