Re: SMILE

  • piyasi29
    Message 1 of 24 , May 1, 2005
      Does anyone remember one of Guru's writings entitled The Significance
      of a Smile? Does anyone know other books by Sri Chinmoy with passages
      or aphorisms on the smile? Please, could you tell me the title of the
      book?
      Piyasi
    • prashphutita
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2005
        Great stories, Sushmitam! Thank-you for sharing them with all of us.
        It's a good reminder for me as well, since (sometimes) I don't always
        smile (Life gets too serious & all that kind of stuff).

        Prashphutita (Melbourne)

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sushmitam_r
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > The main meaning of my name is smile, so I take a particular
        > interest in this topic! I remember once at a function, one of
        > the people who regularly brings food or messages to Sri
        > Chinmoy came up on stage to deliver something to him. As
        > usual she came over to where he was sitting and quietly
        > placed something on the table next to him and began to slip
        > away. (Or perhaps "melt away" is a better way to describe the
        > kind of selfless, serving attitude of those that perform this
        > role.) Anyway, at that moment Guru interrupted what he was
        > doing and spoke to her, asking her to smile. I had not
        > noticed that she was not smiling - she was just going about
        > her tasks as usual. But when she responded to his request
        > immediately by smiling, it was as though the sun had burst
        > forth! Her smile made such a profound difference! I have
        > learned that whenever Sri Chinmoy comments on somebody in
        > public, or asks them to do something in public, that there is
        > a message for all of us who are listening. Watching this
        > incident I felt such a powerful impact from this person's
        > smile, and was able to see and feel how the Supreme's light
        > is spread through a smile.
        >
        > In fact on another occasion I remember Guru answered a
        > question from someone about how they should spread the
        > Supreme's light, by saying words to the effect of "When you
        > buy your bread in the morning, smile at the shopkeeper"!
        >
        > Once too, Sri Chinmoy told his Australian students that he
        > wanted us to be happy. Then he added, "If you are not happy,
        > FORCE yourself to be happy. Look in the mirror and smile."
        > I've tried it - it works!
        >
        > Happy smiling everyone
        > Sushmitam
      • carr_terri
        Message 3 of 24 , May 3, 2005
          Hi Piyasi,

          It just so happens that I am reading it now! It is a very enjoyable
          selection of questions and answers divided into topics like:

          A Childlike Heart, The Significance of a Smile, Gratitude and the
          Will of the Supreme. I was really enjoying it today.

          If you have a particular question about the book I would be happy to
          answer it if I can.

          Here is a short question and answer on the subject of joy.

          Question: How does joy help us?

          Sri Chinmoy: Every day, every hour, every minute, every second the
          seeker must know how to open the heart-door of the Supreme. He needs
          the key, and the name of this key is joy. When the seeker is happy,
          he not only has the key, but he is the key. The happier the seeker
          is, the easier it is for him to open up the heart-door of the
          Supreme. The key is most perfect when the seeker is the happiest of
          human beings.

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, piyasi29
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Does anyone remember one of Guru's writings entitled The
          Significance
          > of a Smile? Does anyone know other books by Sri Chinmoy with
          passages
          > or aphorisms on the smile? Please, could you tell me the title of
          the
          > book?
          > Piyasi
        • beverly_canada
          Message 4 of 24 , May 5, 2005
            Thank-you, Terri, for this quotation on joy - a key to God's heart door!
            Beverly

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, carr_terri <
            no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Piyasi,
            >
            > It just so happens that I am reading it now! It is a very enjoyable
            > selection of questions and answers divided into topics like:
            >
            > A Childlike Heart, The Significance of a Smile, Gratitude and the
            > Will of the Supreme. I was really enjoying it today.
            >
            > If you have a particular question about the book I would be happy to
            > answer it if I can.
            >

            > Here is a short question and answer on the subject of joy.
            >

            > Question: How does joy help us?
            >
            > Sri Chinmoy: Every day, every hour, every minute, every second the
            > seeker must know how to open the heart-door of the Supreme. He needs
            > the key, and the name of this key is joy. When the seeker is happy,
            > he not only has the key, but he is the key. The happier the seeker
            > is, the easier it is for him to open up the heart-door of the
            > Supreme. The key is most perfect when the seeker is the happiest of
            > human beings.
            >

            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, piyasi29
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > Does anyone remember one of Guru's writings entitled The
            > Significance
            > > of a Smile? Does anyone know other books by Sri Chinmoy with
            > passages
            > > or aphorisms on the smile? Please, could you tell me the title of
            > the
            > > book?
            > > Piyasi
          • sushmitam_r
            Message 5 of 24 , May 7, 2005
              Hi Piyasi
              I keep a book of my favourite smile aphorisms and passages. There are lots scattered
              through the 77000 Service Trees books (though that's probably not much help to
              you!), quite a few in Daily Heart Blossoms Chapter 2 ("Earthly Happiness and Heavenly
              Bliss", and a whole lot in a lovely little book called Fortune Philosophy.

              Here's a few of my favourites-:

              Our outer smile
              is the giver of God as love.

              The first duty of a God-seeker