Re: Health is Wealth

  • piyasi29
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 12:58 PM
      Katec, thank you for your story about health. So true, so true, what
      Guru says.

      For most of my life I've taken my health for granted. Although I
      mentally knew and believed what Guru says about its link with
      spiritual health, I didn't have a direct understanding of this.
      Until, that is, some years ago, when I developed a mysterious
      unidentified illness which gradually made me very weak indeed. This
      weakness was not only physical, as it made it impossible for me to
      think clearly or sustain any task. Worst of all, I felt as though I
      was losing my capacity to meditate and aspire properly.

      Eventually, I found a practitioner who identified my illness and
      helped me to recover. As I regained my strength and fitness, I
      realised at first hand the importance of good health in our spiritual
      life. Needless to say, I shall never take good health for granted
      again.

      [Piyasi]

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, katec_nz

    • jayita_2708
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 6:46 AM
        Hi All,

        Yes, health and wellbeing is something that we certainly take for
        granted. I can certainly speak about that from personal experience.

        Quite a number of years ago, I was involved in an serious accident
        and injured my spine. Prior to that, I was fit, healthy and full of
        energy!! I had little conception of what it was like to suffer from
        a serious physical ailment and I thought being healthy was quite
        overrated!

        After the accident, everything changed.. From that moment on, I had
        to face an uphill battle trying to cope with life... dealing with
        the pain, suffering from frequent headaches and lacking the energy
        that most normal people. Even doing the basics like cooking and
        cleaning were all too much!

        I prayed to God on many occasions to help me and to make me
        understand how to deal with the situation. And then during the 12hr
        walk last year, I really felt my prayers were answered and a message
        being spoken "do you not know that I care infinitely more for you
        than you can ever imagine.. of course I know how much pain and
        suffering you go through. But understand that because I love you so
        much, there is no-one more than I who would like to see you happy
        and well".

        Anyway, after getting that message, I realised that God alone knows
        what we are going through and it is just a matter of faith and
        patience to know that things will eventually work out.. Perhaps
        there is things we need to learn, perhaps there is people or
        ourselves that we need to forgive, or perhaps we just need to see
        things in a new light!

        After the accident, I was very resentful to everyone and everything
        that related to it. But after so many years, I have come to the
        conclusion that you have to move from where you are today. For
        better or worse, you are in the situation you are in, and you cannot
        undo the past. All you can do is more forward and as positively as
        possible.

        Anyway since the 12hr walk, things have improved. I still suffer and
        find things challenging at times (like this week!), but I can deal
        with it better than I used to and my physical condition has improved
        thanks to the help of the medical practitioners that have come into
        my life by the grace of God.

        Here are a couple of inspiring quotes by Sri Chinmoy;
        "Life like a river, always wants to go forward"
        "Life is a golden opportunity. The sooner we realise it, the better"
        "This life is a golder opportunity given to us by the Supreme".
        "Live in the immediacy of today and grow into the Golden future"

        Harmony and love to you all,
        Jayita

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, piyasi29

      • parashita7
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3 2:52 PM
          I know what you all mean. These days when I see someone running, I
          wish I could run again! I've had achilles tendonitis for months. I
          recently returned to my Yoga class and it's helping immensely.
          Still, I need to build up stamina. I feel kind of funny standing in
          the prasad line with so many great athletes. Someone swam the English
          channel at least once, along with other incredible swims; others did
          the Ironman; and so many are doing our incredible races! Health is
          definitely wealth!

          -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jayita_2708