To Sharani (was Re: Bit by the shutter bug & the upgrade fever)

  • snehashila2
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2005
      Dear Suchana,

      Hello, dear one! Missed seeing you in April but hope you get to come in Aug. !!

      You said:
      << My favourite flowers are the sweet peas-hope my Oxford and Hornby dictionaries are
      correct for what I mean-but unfortunately I rarely see them in the gardens for they need a
      very patient care that people may have lately lost.>>
      My reply:
      I think you must mean sweet peas...because they do take a certain special care and
      attention to get them to grow since they are annuals and need to be replanted each year
      here in the NY area. Besides this, they don't always thrive unless one is extremely patient
      (you see, you used the right description). They were my mother's favorite flower, too...for
      good reason. They contain the most ethereal fragrance and delicate, extremely beautiful
      petals of faint pastel shades. Artists have painted this particular flower using water colors
      to truly capture their wondrousness for hundreds of years. It is understandable why they
      are called "sweet" peas. What is so amazing is that these flowers have captured my
      daughter Elise's heart, too, and she now plants them with great success each year, too.

      Loved hearing about the birds you have in your hemisphere. In my backyard I believe that
      the same family of cardinals continue to make their nests here. They are especially
      beautiful when we get a snowfall -- the bright red males stand out then, but the brown
      females are never too far away. And there is always a new group of babies, too. They
      must feel very safe here and I am thankful for their presence. Of course, there are many
      other species but just had to mention this one. In the summer months, too, their red color
      is a wonderful contrast against the English ivy I have climbing on my back wall.

      Off for now...keep contributing!
      Love, Snehashila

      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2005
        Thanks for the advice in the camera world. Guess I had another good
        bit of luck picking a camera to buy without doing loads of research
        first. You are the second person to mention Photoshop - it must be one
        of the main editing tools? I probably will indeed purchase it from
        Amazon. I've definitely been like a kid in a candy shop with this new
        toy. I've added a bunch of pictures and some new albums to the
        existing photos at:
        http://tinyurl.com/6bquz

        I also retouched pictures from my previous camera using Google's free
        photo editing software called Picasa. So I've rewritten history :-)
        and deleted the old ones.

        Usually I tell some stories to go with my photo adventures (which
        reminds me that Kedar promised us this and I remember only seeing one
        photo explication so far - hope more is coming from him.) But as I was
        saying, I'm so engrossed in the camera I've been a little less
        word-oriented lately.

        I can just say that one album is dedicated to stone walls which are a
        New England icon. This coastal town in Massachusetts where the
        pictures are taken was incorporated in the 1660's which is positively
        ancient according to American standards (my European counterparts will
        perhaps just yawn and say that's hardly ancient). New England stone
        walls are practically immortalized in Robert Frost's poetry, etc. My
        closer look at them is mostly inspired by a wish to be more present
        and grateful with the little things in our surroundings that usually
        are taken for granted.

        Sharani

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, pavitrata27

      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 10 , May 8, 2005
          Dear Snehashila,

          You are always such a lovely and powerful smiling friend!

          I am happy to know that you have also beautiful sweet peas in New
          York and that your daughter can see them blossom every year. She is
          very lucky! 0:-)

          You´ll be also happy to know that we had a record of Guru´s books and
          tapes sold at our Meditation classes. Somehow one of the seekers was
          in touch with Priyadarshan by mail and then Kamalakanta told me that
          he was from Argentina. He and his family immediately came to the
          classes and now they want to study Meditation with our Master.

          Looking forward to visiting you and your cardinals very soon,
          Love
          Suchana

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, snehashila2