"Bhul Kare Ma" Arrangement by Kamalakanta-Radio Sri Chinmoy

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      A few years ago I designed an arrangement
      for this song, for our band, Sangit Tarangini.
      It is scored for piano, cello, sax or clarinet, violin,
      and trumpet, and ocarina or vocal synth.
      It involves an ostinato in the key of Eb,
      while the song is in the key of Db.
      At one point the song is happening in three
      different speeds AND a round, all at once.
      My apologies for the one or two dissonant moments.
      The meaning of the text is as follows:

      "Mother, true, I have not gone to you,
      By mistake.
      But why have You not come
      And caught my hand?
      Did You run toward me?
      I ran away and played mishcief, true.
      I have not come to You when You called me.
      Is that a sufficient reason
      Why you threw me into the water
      Of the endless ocean?"
      -Sri Chinmoy