Sri Chinmoy Multi-Sport Classic Winner's Race Report

  • one_prachar
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2005
      The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team stages hundreds of races worldwide each
      year. Here in Australia we have recently moved into multi-sport
      events, combining swimming and paddling with mountain biking and
      running.

      Recently we staged an inaugural event in and around a beautiful lake
      near the Snowy Mountains (yep, that's what they're called!) - Lake
      Jindabyne. While we were setting up for the race we couldn't go
      anywhere without running into the hundreds of people who were up there
      making a movie. The name of the movie-to-be? "Jindabyne: The Movie."
      Imaginative, huh?

      We all had a great day and the athletes loved the race. The race
      consisted of 12 consecutive legs: 3 each of swimming, paddling,
      mountain biking and running. It was open to solo athletes and teams.
      Remarkably, the first two across the finish line were both solo
      athletes, defeating even all the teams in this gruelling event!

      The outright winner has written up his experiences, and it makes for a
      good read. His story follows his journey from first hearing about the
      race, through his training and of course his race day adventures. I'd
      recommend having a look:

      http://www.srichinmoyraces.org/au/events/jindabyne
      /multisportstories/mscreportjody

      You can see the full results of the race here:

      http://www.srichinmoyraces.org/au/results/multisportresults05

      and you can view a gallery of photographs from the day (including many
      by the doyen of Inspiration Group photographers, Prashphutita
      himself):

      http://tinyurl.com/cm9y4

      Enjoy!

      Prachar
    • prashphutita
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2005
        Dearest Prachar,

        You mentioned "... we all had a great day...", but that is an
        understatement, in the extreme! IMHO, "... we all had the greatest
        day..." would have been more appropriate! There was such an
        incredible energy the whole day of this incredibly inspiring event.
        And, the locals got so involved and so enthused! It was fantastic.

        I was taking pictures of the outright winner (who, by the way, beat
        all of the teams!) and felt compelled to chat with him. Such an
        incredible life-energy he has! I enquired as to how he did it,
        mentioning that it is super-human, and he just humbly replied: "I'm
        very focused..." I'm sure that some of his life-force helped both
        Christopher and myself with the 8 hour drive back south to Melbourne
        town.

        Thanks to everyone in the Canberra Sri Chinmoy Centre, as well as
        Aryavan, and Nigel from Sydney, for all of the Herculean efforts
        involved in putting on an event of this logistical complexity and
        enormity. As for the Race Director/ Head Honcho, well, he did an OK
        job, too...

        Prashphutita

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, one_prachar