Hope

  • ahutanyc
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 8, 2003
      Hope Abides

      Hope abides, therefore I abide.
      Countless frustrations have not cowed me.
      I am still alive, vibrant with life.
      The black cloud will dissapper,
      The morning sun will appear once again
      In all its supernal glory.

      by Sri Chinmoy

      A few links to good sites about Sri Chinmoy, and Sri Chinmoy's works:

      Sri Chinmoy Library - http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

      Sri Chinmoy Poetry - http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com

      Sri Chinmoy Races - http://www.srichinmoyraces.org

      Sri Chinmoy Centre - http://www.srichinmoycentre.org

      Sri Chinmoy Music - http://www.srichinmoymusic.com

      Sri Chinmoy Art - http://www.srichinmoyart.com

      Radio Sri Chinmoy - http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org

      Sri Chinmoy TV - http://www.srichinmoy.tv

      Sri Chinmoy's main site: http://www.srichinmoy.org
    • ckglotus
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 8, 2003
        Thanks, Ahuta! This is the poem which I needed today. Thanks from the very depths
        of my heart. -Kamalakanta

        In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ahutanyc <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hope Abides
        >
        > Hope abides, therefore I abide.
        > Countless frustrations have not cowed me.
        > I am still alive, vibrant with life.
        > The black cloud will dissapper,
        > The morning sun will appear once again
        > In all its supernal glory.
        >
        > by Sri Chinmoy
        >

        > A few links to good sites about Sri Chinmoy, and Sri Chinmoy's works:
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy Library - http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy Poetry - http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy Races - http://www.srichinmoyraces.org
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy Centre - http://www.srichinmoycentre.org
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy Music - http://www.srichinmoymusic.com
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy Art - http://www.srichinmoyart.com
        >
        > Radio Sri Chinmoy - http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy TV - http://www.srichinmoy.tv
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy's main site: http://www.srichinmoy.org
      • nayak_ltp
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 8, 2003
          OK, Ahuta, Thanks for the hope. A beautiful poem.

          Yours,

          Nayak

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Hope Abides
          >
          > Hope abides, therefore I abide.
          > Countless frustrations have not cowed me.
          > I am still alive, vibrant with life.
          > The black cloud will dissapper,
          > The morning sun will appear once again
          > In all its supernal glory.
          >
          > by Sri Chinmoy
          >

          > A few links to good sites about Sri Chinmoy, and Sri Chinmoy's
          works:

          > Sri Chinmoy Library - http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy Poetry - http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy Races - http://www.srichinmoyraces.org
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy Centre - http://www.srichinmoycentre.org
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy Music - http://www.srichinmoymusic.com
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy Art - http://www.srichinmoyart.com
          >
          > Radio Sri Chinmoy - http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy TV - http://www.srichinmoy.tv
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy's main site: http://www.srichinmoy.org
        • morrisklein27
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 15, 2003
            The New Year's Message:

            At the end of a very long
            And ignorance-flooded
            NIGHT ROAD
            The beauty of a new hope
            And the ecstacy of a new promise
            Shall UNMISTAKABLY blossom.

            This beautiful New Year's reminds me of two of my favorite aphorisms
            by Sri Chinmoy.

            Divine hope is like a dream
            which comes at the end of the night,
            bearing the promise
            that soon the day will dawn.

            Hope is at once
            Our ancestor
            And descendent.

            Both these poems are mantric and tersely powerful. The second one,
            especially, is an excellent example of how Sri Chinmoy is able to use
            just a few words to express a breathtaking idea.

            In that poem, "Hope is at once our ancestor and descendent" he gives
            hope its proper stature. How many of us value hope properly? How
            often we give up on ourselves, on our life's cherished goals without
            really working on them with one-pointed determination!

            Here Sri Chinmoy is saying that all we are right now is a result of
            our hope. Hope brought us to where we are now, and hope will carry
            us into the future to achieve everything we are destined to achieve.
            We must keep hope alive, by any means necessary.

            It's such a short poem, but it means so much, and it is so profound.

            Thank you, Sri Chinmoy, for your Poetry-Light!

            Morris
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 17, 2004
              O My Hope -- Poem 406

              O my hope,
              Where are you?
              Can you not see me
              Inside the despair-grave?
              O my hope,
              Where are you?
              Can you not grant me someday
              The helmet of protection
              And the crown of satisfaction?
              Hope, my hope!

              - Sri Chinmoy
              Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 5

              For more writings by Sri Chinmoy on any subject, please go to the
              search engine at the Sri Chinmoy Library, at
              http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/

              -Kamalakanta
            • lunthita
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 16 11:36 AM
                [From Lunthita]

                I picked up "The Garland of Nation-Souls" today after not having
                looked through it in a very long time. I thought I would share the
                following poem with everyone.

                "Hope is my mind's secret fear.
                Hope is my heart's sacred courage.
                Hope is my life's daring experience.
                Hope is my soul's illumining success
                And my soul's fulfilling progress.
                Hope is my Lord's ascending Perfection
                And my Lord's transcending Satisfaction.

                - Sri Chinmoy, "The Garland of Nation-Souls"

                -Lunthita
              • blazejseattle
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 26 1:12 PM
                  Hi,

                  below is my favourite poem of Sri Chinmoy's from the well-known book
                  My Flute. Hope is a quality I call upon very often to make my day
                  bright, and this poem brings Hope to me. What a prayerful obeisance
                  to the Supreme this poem from Sri Chinmoy is.

                  A few day ago I downloaded a RSS feeder program that alerts me about
                  new messages from this inspiring discussion and I enjoy reading them
                  greatly.

                  Blazej

                  Hope

                  Thou art my Lord, my golden dream,
                  Thou art my life in death.
                  O bless me with Thy Hope Supreme,
                  Lord of the Eternal Breath!

                  Agelong the vision of Thy Sun
                  For darkness have I sought.
                  I know the evils I should shun
                  And quickly bring to nought.

                  The earth is deaf and blind, my Lord;
                  Its true goal it denies.
                  It hears no voice, no heavenly word
                  From those who seek the skies.

                  O yet I feel Thy kingly Grace
                  With my feeble mortality.
                  I shall win at last the Noonward Race,
                  Plunge in the Nectar-Sea.

                  -Sri Chinmoy
                • sumangali_m
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 26 11:38 PM
                    This is one of my absolute favourite poems by Sri Chinmoy. It seems
                    to say everything there is to be said, and it brings tears to my
                    eyes every time I read it. Such powerful re-assurance can be
                    contained in only a few lines when written from the heights of love
                    and the depths of compassion to which Sri Chinmoy travels in his
                    tireless service. Somehow this poem makes EVERYTHING ok!

                    A hopeful day to all!

                    Sumangali
                    :oD

                    --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, blazejseattle
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > below is my favourite poem of Sri Chinmoy's from the well-known book
                    > My Flute. Hope is a quality I call upon very often to make my day
                    > bright, and this poem brings Hope to me. What a prayerful obeisance
                    > to the Supreme this poem from Sri Chinmoy is.
                    >
                    > A few day ago I downloaded a RSS feeder program that alerts me about
                    > new messages from this inspiring discussion and I enjoy reading them
                    > greatly.
                    >
                    > Blazej
                    >

                    > Hope
                    >
                    > Thou art my Lord, my golden dream,
                    > Thou art my life in death.
                    > O bless me with Thy Hope Supreme,
                    > Lord of the Eternal Breath!
                    >
                    > Agelong the vision of Thy Sun
                    > For darkness have I sought.
                    > I know the evils I should shun
                    > And quickly bring to nought.
                    >
                    > The earth is deaf and blind, my Lord;
                    > Its true goal it denies.
                    > It hears no voice, no heavenly word
                    > From those who seek the skies.
                    >
                    > O yet I feel Thy kingly Grace
                    > With my feeble mortality.
                    > I shall win at last the Noonward Race,
                    > Plunge in the Nectar-Sea.
                    >
                    > -Sri Chinmoy
                  • pritika_one
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 27 5:17 PM
                      Blazej,

                      Thank you so much for sharing this incredibly beautiful poem! It is
                      like the sun.

                      Pritika

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 26, 2010
                        Dear friends, I am inspired today by the word "hope". Here are a few poems by Sri Chinmoy on the theme of hope:

                        Hope Is His All

                        "All his life he has been feeding hope:
                        The beauty of hope,
                        The purity of hope
                        And the divinity of hope.
                        Hope is his all."
                        -Sri Chinmoy
                        Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 97 by Sri Chinmoy
                        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0572/30

                        WE ALL NEED HOPE

                        "Courage needs hope
                        For its aspiration.
                        Faith needs hope
                        For its realisation.
                        Love needs hope
                        For its revelation.
                        I need hope
                        For my manifestation."
                        -Sri Chinmoy
                        Excerpt from The Dance Of Life, Part 11 by Sri Chinmoy
                        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0042/1/17

                        WHERE IS HOPE?

                        "Where is hope?
                        Hope is not in outer
                        Liberty-school.
                        Hope is not in outer
                        Perfection-choice.
                        Hope is in inner
                        Self-giving,
                        Which is eventually known as
                        God-becoming."
                        -Sri Chinmoy
                        Excerpt from Transcendence-Perfection by Sri Chinmoy
                        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0241/1/468

                        "Hope is sweet.
                        Hope is illumining.
                        Hope is fulfilling.
                        Hope can be everlasting.
                        Therefore, do not give up hope
                        Even in the sunset of your life."
                        -Sri Chinmoy
                        Excerpt from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 112 by Sri Chinmoy
                        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0712/85

                        "Hope
                        Is not just a word.
                        Hope
                        Is today's beautiful plant.
                        Hope
                        Is tomorrow's fruitful tree."
                        -Sri Chinmoy
                        Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 14 by Sri Chinmoy
                        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0421/8

                        "Hope never loses its beauty.
                        Hope never loses its joy.
                        Hope never loses its power.
                        Hope never loses God's
                        Compassion-Eye."
                        -Sri Chinmoy
                        Excerpt from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 196 by Sri Chinmoy
                        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0961/69

                        Joy to all!

                        Kamalakanta