RECEPTIVITY

  • nayaknayaknayak
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2005
      I am looking at a photo of Sri Chinmoy patting a panda bear in China.
      Sri Chinmoy has an enormous smile, and the bear looks like the panda
      it is. What is the panda receiving?

      Once I thought that anyone or anything that came near a spiritual
      master would receive something, even if they were pretty unconscious.
      If the sun is shining and you are outside, you get warmed. On a
      Christmas trip many years ago, we had an occasion in Tokyo to wait for
      a subway with Sri Chinmoy. A young lady not in our group was standing
      just a few feet away from him, and I thought how fortunate she was. I
      thought that by this chance encounter, her spiritual progress would
      increase.

      I asked Guru about this once, and he said that it depended on the
      receptivity of the person. He said that some people have a very, very
      thick layer covering them, so they receive nothing.

      When I had a medical emergency and Sri Chinmoy saved my life, he later
      said that he could do so only because I was receptive. More
      generally, he has said that the Supreme's Grace is constantly raining
      down on us, but receptivity is what determines how much we will receive.

      My Lord, grant me just a little more receptivity. A lot more is ok, too.

      Yours,

      Nayak
    • melinda_geelong
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2005
        Nayak, my belief after having worked closely with domestic
        animals for 20 years as a Veterinarian, is that if their
        souls choose to be incarnated into a life of close proximity
        to humans then they are often extremely receptive to our love
        or other feelings. There is much evidence to support that
        animals instincts are highly refined receptors to forces that
        we as humans have indeed "clouded" with the thick layers that
        Guru describes; layers produced by a developed and
        unillumined mind. The domestic animals have the mercy of
        undeveloped intellect and as such will rely on body language
        and the vibrations that we generate when we wish to
        communicate at a nonverbal level. They can read us very
        clearly. ( please do not pat wild animals who have had no to
        minimal human contact!)

        Melinda
        Geelong
      • parashita7
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2005
          My cat, Gita, hides at least an hour before anyone rings the door
          bell. She is especially affectionate when I get home from
          celebrations and meditations. She is mesmerized by Sri Chinmoy's
          music. Last night I remembered something Sri Chinmoy said about
          benefiting from the divine qualities of a domestic animal and tried
          to list my Gita's divine qualities. Among them I found: sincerity,
          innocence, sweetness, love, beauty, humor, dignity and grace.
          Whenever I pray for protection, I include her in my prayers.

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, melinda_geelong
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Nayak, my belief after having worked closely with domestic
          > animals for 20 years as a Veterinarian, is that if their
          > souls choose to be incarnated into a life of close proximity
          > to humans then they are often extremely receptive to our love
          > or other feelings. There is much evidence to support that
          > animals instincts are highly refined receptors to forces that
          > we as humans have indeed "clouded" with the thick layers that
          > Guru describes; layers produced by a developed and
          > unillumined mind. The domestic animals have the mercy of
          > undeveloped intellect and as such will rely on body language
          > and the vibrations that we generate when we wish to
          > communicate at a nonverbal level. They can read us very
          > clearly. ( please do not pat wild animals who have had no to
          > minimal human contact!)
          >
          > Melinda
          > Geelong
        • stephanie_geelong
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2005
            -my dog pooch took herself for a walk. The back gate was left open by
            mistake.I drove around looking for her. I prayed very hard. The second
            place I looked was in the next street. I pulled up next to the postman
            and asked if he had seen a little black dog. He gave me a very
            strange look and said there was one in the driveway nextdoor. I
            backed up and there she was safe and sound. I pray for protection for
            my two dogs every day.

            -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, parashita7