In the bad books...

  • shane_dublincentre
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
      Im not exactly Mr Popular in the Dublin Centre at the moment - I came
      down after meditation last night to find everyone at the table hunched
      over our leaflets for classes with a pen. We had been slightly
      concerned about these leaflets because we hadnt been getting any
      calls. The reason - apparently when I was designing the leaflets I had
      inexplicably put down a 5 instead of a 0 at the end of our contact
      number! As a result some poor Russian guy down in Cork was getting a
      heap of enquiries. Apparently he was quite annoyed at first when we
      rang him but then he softened up a little and might even pass the
      wayward callers on to us if we're lucky...

      Everyone knew who was to blame but, bless them, they said nothing and
      just got on with the job of correcting the leaflets.

      Shane
    • sarada1007
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
        Oh Shane, bless you. I did this once - actually I put a wrong date
        onto a leaflet. And we had 10,000 of them. And my whole centre had
        to sit around with ball-point pens and change them by hand - it took
        absolutely hours. We had a good chuckle and they were very kind about
        it as I remember.

        Now I get somebody else to proof-read all the leaflets and then I can
        blame them too for any mistakes :o)

        Sarada

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shane_dublincentre
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Im not exactly Mr Popular in the Dublin Centre at the moment - I came
        > down after meditation last night to find everyone at the table
        hunched
        > over our leaflets for classes with a pen. We had been slightly
        > concerned about these leaflets because we hadnt been getting any
        > calls. The reason - apparently when I was designing the leaflets I
        had
        > inexplicably put down a 5 instead of a 0 at the end of our contact
        > number! As a result some poor Russian guy down in Cork was getting a
        > heap of enquiries. Apparently he was quite annoyed at first when we
        > rang him but then he softened up a little and might even pass the
        > wayward callers on to us if we're lucky...
        >
        > Everyone knew who was to blame but, bless them, they said nothing and
        > just got on with the job of correcting the leaflets.
        >
        > Shane
      • chitvanr
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
          Hi Shane,

          I just wanted to offer my sympathy over your predicament.
          Being the one who often designs our posters and advertising
          materials I know what its like to make mistakes. More than
          once I have produced materials that had the date or time or
          phone number wrong. So often there isn't enough time to have
          someone proof read the materials or else they miss it too. In
          fact recently I had an experience with this, although a less
          dramatic one. We have been working really hard promoting a
          Concert event. I had the idea and designed some large signs
          that we were legally placing on light poles all over the
          city. They were meant to be seen from cars. We made 600 of
          them and I was so proud because they look really professional
          and were so nicely printed. Well, I didn't get a chance to
          test how visible they were before we had them made and
          unfortunately some of the lettering was too small to see,
          especially the phone number. So, similar to your experience
          in Dublin, after centre meditation we had a large crew with
          felt pens write in the number much larger. My pride was
          smashed. My beautiful signs looked grafitied although I have
          to admit the added color is nice.

          I think we can both feel good that at least we gave other
          members of the center a chance to do selfless service.:) I
          think making mistakes it is OK. At least we are trying. The
          main purpose of manifestation service is not that it is
          perfect but that we try our best and that we try to transcend
          our preconceived capacities. That is how we grow through the
          process and that is what is most important.

          Good luck with your classes there and maybe that Russian guy
          will even be inspired to attend. Say hi to everyone in Dublin
          for me too.

          Chitvan
          San Francisco

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Im not exactly Mr Popular in the Dublin Centre at the moment - I came
          > down after meditation last night to find everyone at the table hunched
          > over our leaflets for classes with a pen. We had been slightly
          > concerned about these leaflets because we hadnt been getting any
          > calls. The reason - apparently when I was designing the leaflets I had
          > inexplicably put down a 5 instead of a 0 at the end of our contact
          > number! As a result some poor Russian guy down in Cork was getting a
          > heap of enquiries. Apparently he was quite annoyed at first when we
          > rang him but then he softened up a little and might even pass the
          > wayward callers on to us if we're lucky...
          >
          > Everyone knew who was to blame but, bless them, they said nothing and
          > just got on with the job of correcting the leaflets.
          >
          > Shane
        • purnakama2000
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2005
            Ack! I pulled a Shane today.
            I was working on typing out aphorisms for a World Harmony Run event
            that we're having, and I made a huge blunder.

            I proudly chose perfect aphorisms for the occasion,printed them on my
            computer,and toddled off to the printer to have them reproduced on
            beautiful Monet style paper. In 15 minutes they were printed, and I
            proudly took them home with me. I walked into my house and proudly
            placed them on my shrine with gratitude for a job well done (notice
            I've been using the word proudly a lot?). The instant I placed them
            there, the glaring mistake jumped out at me. I had neglected to put
            Guru's name beneath each aphorism. Nobody would have known who wrote
            these beautiful poems. How could I be so forgetful?

            So I went humbly back to my computer to fix my error, and humbly went
            back to the printers who just smiled and laughed at my mistake, and
            brought them humbly home again.

            My lesson: no matter what the project,always remember to offer humble
            gratitude at each new step. I'm sure that there may still be mistakes,
            but I think the odds are a lot better. :)

            Happy manifesting!

            Purnakama
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Im not exactly Mr Popular in the Dublin Centre at the moment - I came
            > down after meditation last night to find everyone at the table
            hunched
            > over our leaflets for classes with a pen. We had been slightly
            > concerned about these leaflets because we hadnt been getting any
            > calls. The reason - apparently when I was designing the leaflets I
            had
            > inexplicably put down a 5 instead of a 0 at the end of our contact
            > number! As a result some poor Russian guy down in Cork was getting a
            > heap of enquiries. Apparently he was quite annoyed at first when we
            > rang him but then he softened up a little and might even pass the
            > wayward callers on to us if we're lucky...
            >
            > Everyone knew who was to blame but, bless them, they said nothing and
            > just got on with the job of correcting the leaflets.
            >
            > Shane
          • franmbc
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2005
              Shane and Purnakama -

              "You are not alone"!

              One time we printed the wrong address number on our class leaflets,
              so instead of directing everyone to the Quaker Meeting House we were
              directing them to a private address further along the street.

              Oops.

              We had to station someone outside the house for the evening to avert
              any mishap.

              Fran

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000