Re: Photos of Lake Ohrid

  • jadranka11
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
      Thank you Toni for the photoes. Macedonia is so beautiful country
      that it would be nice to have some more photoes of Prespa and Matka.
      They are like jewles surrounded by mountains and nature is so pure
      and inocent there.

      Salil's idea about the joy days is great, we can make some
      international event there and invite people from all around the world.

      Also, food in Macedonia is deliscious, really.

      Thanks, Jadranka

      -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, salil_wilson
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Beuatiful photos. Would love to go there. Can we have an NYC joy
      weekend
      > there soon?
      >
      > Salil
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, toni1409
      <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi All!
      > >
      > > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia,
      Peace-
      > > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
      > > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
      > > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
      > > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
      > > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them
      you
      > > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
      > > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
      > > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
      > > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia
      and
      > > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
      > > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can
      post
      > > their own experiences.
      > >
      > > Here is the link:
      > > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
      > >
      > > Enjoy the photos,
      > > Toni
    • shashanka_ch
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
        Beautiful pictures. I'll join the Joy day !...

        Greetings from Geneva.
        Shashanka

        PS: Other important things are happening at Lake Ohrid.....
        UNESCO conference - Dialogue among civilizations
        Ohrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
        28 - 31 August 2003

        Under the auspices of Mr. Boris Trajkovski, President of the Former
        Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Mr. Koïchiro Matsuura, Director-
        General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
        Organization (UNESCO), a number of Heads of State from South-East
        Europe and other regions, high-level representatives of the United
        Nations system, eminent scholars, intellectuals and politicians will
        be invited to present their views on key issues within the framework
        of the follow-up to the United Nations Year for Dialogue among
        Civilizations.