Re: Sign Up for the Marathon!

  • goldenboat27
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2 10:23 PM
      Several years ago, a few boys from the Sri Chinmoy Centre in
      Canberra drove up north to do the Gold Coast Marathon. One of
      our good friends -- a great runner who ran marathons
      competitively around the world -- was also there. (His time was
      2:20 or something equally impressive.)

      After we'd all finished, we rested for a while, then gave our friend
      a lift somewhere. As we drove out, we could see some people
      still coming through to the finish line, still jogging, most of them
      with expressions of pain on their faces. They'd been running for
      about 6 hours.

      We made "amusing" comments about how these slowpokes
      made us feel like great athletes, but our friend had a different
      reaction. He was simply in awe of these people. Why? Because
      they had been running for so long, not giving up. Even this elite
      marathon runner was astonished by their strength and their will
      power. That is the mark of a _true_ marathon runner.

      Of course, the 3100-mile race has redefined the words
      "strength" and "will power". I remember when Matt found that he
      had been accepted into the race, he seemed to be in a dazed
      state for a few days. Who could blame him? It all seemed so
      surreal to me, so imagine how it felt for HIM!

      It's official: the impossible has become inevitable!

      Mark

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, lee_berube
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Way to go Sanjay. I wasn't trained last year, but I managed to
      finish
      > in a blistering 5:27. But I was still inspired that I didn't give up
      > and I crossed the line. I'm hoping for much better this year, but
      the
      > training alone has been inspiring and uplifting enough. Being
      in shape
      > sure makes a difference in everything.
      >

      > I hope to see a bunch of familiar faces this year.
      >
      > Lee
      >

      > There is only one way
      > To arrive at the destination:
      > Begin.