Re: Photos of Lake Ohrid

  • salil_wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
      Beuatiful photos. Would love to go there. Can we have an NYC joy weekend
      there soon?

      Salil

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, toni1409 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi All!
      >
      > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, Peace-
      > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
      > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
      > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
      > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
      > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them you
      > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
      > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
      > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
      > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia and
      > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
      > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can post
      > their own experiences.
      >
      > Here is the link:
      > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
      >
      > Enjoy the photos,
      > Toni
    • jadranka11
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
        Thank you Toni for the photoes. Macedonia is so beautiful country
        that it would be nice to have some more photoes of Prespa and Matka.
        They are like jewles surrounded by mountains and nature is so pure
        and inocent there.

        Salil's idea about the joy days is great, we can make some
        international event there and invite people from all around the world.

        Also, food in Macedonia is deliscious, really.

        Thanks, Jadranka

        -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, salil_wilson
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Beuatiful photos. Would love to go there. Can we have an NYC joy
        weekend
        > there soon?
        >
        > Salil
        >
        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, toni1409
        <no_reply@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Hi All!
        > >
        > > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia,
        Peace-
        > > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
        > > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
        > > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
        > > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
        > > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them
        you
        > > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
        > > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
        > > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
        > > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia
        and
        > > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
        > > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can
        post
        > > their own experiences.
        > >
        > > Here is the link:
        > > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
        > >
        > > Enjoy the photos,
        > > Toni
      • shashanka_ch
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
          Beautiful pictures. I'll join the Joy day !...

          Greetings from Geneva.
          Shashanka

          PS: Other important things are happening at Lake Ohrid.....
          UNESCO conference - Dialogue among civilizations
          Ohrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
          28 - 31 August 2003

          Under the auspices of Mr. Boris Trajkovski, President of the Former
          Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Mr. Koïchiro Matsuura, Director-
          General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
          Organization (UNESCO), a number of Heads of State from South-East
          Europe and other regions, high-level representatives of the United
          Nations system, eminent scholars, intellectuals and politicians will
          be invited to present their views on key issues within the framework
          of the follow-up to the United Nations Year for Dialogue among
          Civilizations.