Re: Photos of Lake Ohrid

  • nayak_ltp
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
      Wow! What a beautiful Lake! I also liked Matka Canyon. Thank you
      for sharing these lovely photos. How is the swimming in the lake?
      Is the water warm or cold?

      Yours,

      Nayak

      P.S. The beauty of the lakes reminded me of the beauty of Sri
      Chinmoy's Jharna Kala paintings. You can see them at

      Art: http://www.srichinmoyart.com

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, toni1409
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi All!
      >
      > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, Peace-
      > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
      > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
      > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
      > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
      > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them
      you
      > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
      > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
      > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
      > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia
      and
      > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
      > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can
      post
      > their own experiences.
      >
      > Here is the link:
      > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
      >
      > Enjoy the photos,
      > Toni
    • salil_wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
        Beuatiful photos. Would love to go there. Can we have an NYC joy weekend
        there soon?

        Salil

        wrote:
        > Hi All!
        >
        > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, Peace-
        > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
        > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
        > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
        > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
        > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them you
        > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
        > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
        > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
        > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia and
        > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
        > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can post
        > their own experiences.
        >
        > Here is the link:
        > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
        >
        > Enjoy the photos,
        > Toni
      • jadranka11
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
          Thank you Toni for the photoes. Macedonia is so beautiful country
          that it would be nice to have some more photoes of Prespa and Matka.
          They are like jewles surrounded by mountains and nature is so pure
          and inocent there.

          Salil's idea about the joy days is great, we can make some
          international event there and invite people from all around the world.

          Also, food in Macedonia is deliscious, really.

          Thanks, Jadranka

          -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, salil_wilson
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Beuatiful photos. Would love to go there. Can we have an NYC joy
          weekend
          > there soon?
          >
          > Salil
          >
          > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, toni1409
          <no_reply@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi All!
          > >
          > > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia,
          Peace-
          > > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
          > > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
          > > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
          > > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
          > > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them
          you
          > > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
          > > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
          > > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
          > > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia
          and
          > > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
          > > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can
          post
          > > their own experiences.
          > >
          > > Here is the link:
          > > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
          > >
          > > Enjoy the photos,
          > > Toni
        • shashanka_ch
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
            Beautiful pictures. I'll join the Joy day !...

            Greetings from Geneva.
            Shashanka

            PS: Other important things are happening at Lake Ohrid.....
            UNESCO conference - Dialogue among civilizations
            Ohrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
            28 - 31 August 2003

            Under the auspices of Mr. Boris Trajkovski, President of the Former
            Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Mr. Koïchiro Matsuura, Director-
            General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
            Organization (UNESCO), a number of Heads of State from South-East
            Europe and other regions, high-level representatives of the United
            Nations system, eminent scholars, intellectuals and politicians will
            be invited to present their views on key issues within the framework
            of the follow-up to the United Nations Year for Dialogue among
            Civilizations.