Photos of Lake Ohrid

  • toni1409
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28 8:50 PM
      Hi All!

      I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, Peace-
      Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
      sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
      very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
      energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
      some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them you
      feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
      We go there very often because there are so many things to do
      swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
      weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia and
      I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
      running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can post
      their own experiences.

      Here is the link:
      http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake

      Enjoy the photos,
      Toni
    • nayak_ltp
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
        Wow! What a beautiful Lake! I also liked Matka Canyon. Thank you
        for sharing these lovely photos. How is the swimming in the lake?
        Is the water warm or cold?

        Yours,

        Nayak

        P.S. The beauty of the lakes reminded me of the beauty of Sri
        Chinmoy's Jharna Kala paintings. You can see them at

        Art: http://www.srichinmoyart.com

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, toni1409
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All!
        >
        > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, Peace-
        > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
        > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
        > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
        > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
        > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them
        you
        > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
        > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
        > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
        > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia
        and
        > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
        > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can
        post
        > their own experiences.
        >
        > Here is the link:
        > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
        >
        > Enjoy the photos,
        > Toni
      • salil_wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003
          Beuatiful photos. Would love to go there. Can we have an NYC joy weekend
          there soon?

          Salil

          wrote:
          > Hi All!
          >
          > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia, Peace-
          > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
          > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
          > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
          > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
          > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them you
          > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
          > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
          > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
          > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia and
          > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
          > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can post
          > their own experiences.
          >
          > Here is the link:
          > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
          >
          > Enjoy the photos,
          > Toni
        • jadranka11
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
            Thank you Toni for the photoes. Macedonia is so beautiful country
            that it would be nice to have some more photoes of Prespa and Matka.
            They are like jewles surrounded by mountains and nature is so pure
            and inocent there.

            Salil's idea about the joy days is great, we can make some
            international event there and invite people from all around the world.

            Also, food in Macedonia is deliscious, really.

            Thanks, Jadranka

            -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, salil_wilson
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Beuatiful photos. Would love to go there. Can we have an NYC joy
            weekend
            > there soon?
            >
            > Salil
            >
            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, toni1409
            <no_reply@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > Hi All!
            > >
            > > I would like to share some photos of Lake Ohrid in Macedonia,
            Peace-
            > > Blossom Lake. It's a mountain lake 700 meters above
            > > sea level, very old lake with very clear water. The whole area is
            > > very beautiful, surrounded by high mountains (2200 m) and is very
            > > energetic. There are 365 churches and monasteries in the area and
            > > some of them are 800 years old. When you enter into some of them
            you
            > > feel sacred atmosphere of centuries of prayer life.
            > > We go there very often because there are so many things to do
            > > swimming, hiking, biking, rock climbing, running. There was a Joy
            > > weekend there with disciples from Bulgaria, Serbia and Macedonia
            and
            > > I heard they liked it very much. They had biathlon (swimming and
            > > running) then climbing the big mountain. Maybe some of them can
            post
            > > their own experiences.
            > >
            > > Here is the link:
            > > http://www.pbase.com/toni1409/ohrid_lake
            > >
            > > Enjoy the photos,
            > > Toni
          • shashanka_ch
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
              Beautiful pictures. I'll join the Joy day !...

              Greetings from Geneva.
              Shashanka

              PS: Other important things are happening at Lake Ohrid.....
              UNESCO conference - Dialogue among civilizations
              Ohrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
              28 - 31 August 2003

              Under the auspices of Mr. Boris Trajkovski, President of the Former
              Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Mr. Koïchiro Matsuura, Director-
              General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
              Organization (UNESCO), a number of Heads of State from South-East
              Europe and other regions, high-level representatives of the United
              Nations system, eminent scholars, intellectuals and politicians will
              be invited to present their views on key issues within the framework
              of the follow-up to the United Nations Year for Dialogue among
              Civilizations.