Re: Photos of kids' art & Geelong Centre

  • niriha7
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
      Hi Sushmitam! The photos of the children's paintings were
      delightful, beautiful, charming and indeed in my humble opinion
      exhibited much artistic talent.

      In my academic days when I was considering further study in the field
      of psychology, I considered that I would like to work with children
      as a therapist. I was keen on the possibilities of using art as a
      medium to work with them. What particularly interested me in this
      was something quite simple. While doing undergraduate work with a
      major in psychology, I discovered a picture I had drawn when six
      years old. In fact, my mother had it and showed it to me while I was
      home during a Christmas break. The drawing was of two clowns. I
      clearly remember drawing it. However, when I looked at it, I was
      surprised, even shocked to see that they were not smiling! I
      remembered as though it had been yesterday, drawing those clowns and
      I was positive I had put big smiles on both of their faces. But
      right before me was the evidence - one clown had a noble attempt at a
      smile but looked poignantly sad and the other had a slight grimace.
      When reflecting on this drawing and the discrepancy between what I
      was trying to draw and what actually was drawn, it was obvious to me
      that children can only draw their feelings. Historically, there were
      some difficulties on the home front and I guess my clowns were not
      happy about this. The children in your center however exhibited
      such unmistakable light heartedness, sensitivity and joy! Truly
      fantastic. What a great job you are doing as center leader. Kudos
      to the parents as well. Niriha

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sushmitam_r
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I've just put up some photos of the beautiful spiritual art the
      > children in Geelong Centre have been producing. You can see them
      > here:
      >
      > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?
      set_albumName==geelong

      > There are also photos of the joy weekend we held over Easter, as
      > well as other centre activities.
      >
      > Sushmitam
    • niriha7
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
        Oops, I forgot...I loved the photos of the children. From where did
        these divine beings come from?!! How great that you thought to show
        us these little maestros. Niriha

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > I've just put up some photos of the beautiful spiritual art the
        > children in Geelong Centre have been producing. You can see them
        > here:
        >
        > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?
        set_albumName=geelong

        > There are also photos of the joy weekend we held over Easter, as
        > well as other centre activities.
        >
        > Sushmitam
      • dharmaja
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
          Hi, Sushmitam,

          I have viewed the children's artwork. I am somewhere between
          astounded and overwhelmed. How can they do something of this quality
          at that age???!!

          Dharmaja
          San Diego
          __________________________

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > I've just put up some photos of the beautiful spiritual art the
          > children in Geelong Centre have been producing. You can see them
          > here:

          http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=geelong

          > There are also photos of the joy weekend we held over Easter, as
          > well as other centre activities.
          >
          > Sushmitam
        • suchana27
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2005
            Dear Sushmitan,

            Being far away from New York to celebrate Yogamaya´s Day, these
            photos -especially the beautiful blue Peacock painted by Kieran-
            remind me of the Mother´s Divine Victory on the world arena.

            The children´s creativity says a lot of you and the other adults in
            your Centre. You are working for God in a very special way! :)

            Maybe the following poem I found in one of the Jharna-Kala pocket
            books (a Russian-English version), comes with your so spiritual album:

            Let it be
            our task
            to offer the
            inner education
            to the
            children -
            the love of the
            heart.

            Sri Chinmoy
            (unofficial)

            Congratulations and Happy Celebrations! :)
            Suchana