March 31: 20th Anniversary of Zurich Hallenstadion concert!

  • kedarvideo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2005
      On the day 20 years ago Sri Chinmoy gave one of the longest concert
      ever. It was in the Hallenstadion, one of the biggest halls in
      Switzerland where the Rolling Stones played and many rock music
      and sports events took place. About 6000 seekers came and enjoyed
      the Maestro playing on many many instruments and in between he
      meditated for a short while. Even during the musical performances
      he used every possible moment to be in his highest consciousness.

      It is the only time in the last 20 years that I witnessed Sri Chinmoy
      doing two intermission and even changing his garments. He started
      with a beautiful pink dhoti, changed into a track suit for the second
      part (to be more comfortable for the cello performance) and
      presented himself back in the pink dhoti for the final session. Not
      all the visitors stayed through the whole length of the concert but
      those who did really got an unforgettable experience.

      Abarita from the Zurich meditation centre who introduced the public
      to Sri Chinmoy organized a large video screen where a live cut of
      three cameras ( I was responsable for the centre one) was shown for
      the audience. During the whole evening I was just an instrument
      and tried to capture Sri Chinmoy's face in a nice and balanced
      frame. But only later, when I saw the video recording, I realised the
      magnitude of the event.

      To celebrate this concert I placed 11 video clips on "SriChinmoy.TV"
      so that you can enjoy some of the historical moments. The whole
      concert will be available as a tape and DVD during the coming
      Celebrations in New York. Here is the shortcut to SriChinmoy.TV to

      http://tinyurl.com/5cyu7

      Kedar, Zurich