Attitude makes the difference

  • bhuvah_nz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      I woke up early today,
      excited over all I get to do
      before the clock strikes midnight.

      I have responsibilities to fulfill today.
      I am important.
      My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

      Today I can complain because the weather is rainy
      or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

      Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money
      or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases
      wisely and guide me away from waste.

      Today I can grumble about my health
      or I can rejoice that I am alive.

      Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was
      growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

      Today I can cry because roses have thorns
      or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

      Today I can mourn my lack of friends
      or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new friendships.

      Today I can whine because I have to go to work
      or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.

      Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework
      or I can feel honored because God has provided shelter for my mind,
      body and soul.

      Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped.
      And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.

      What today will be like is up to me.
      I get to choose what kind of day I will have!

      Have a great day...unless you have other plans.

      - Author Unknown

      And some quotes about attitude by Sri Chinmoy

      Circumstances
      Cannot change man's life.
      His attitude
      Can and does.

      Gratitude
      Is nothing short of
      A divine attitude.

      Change your attitude!
      Lo, look what stands before you:
      Plenitude!

      Where is your sympathetic
      And devoted attitude?
      In the name of perfection
      You are criticising others
      Mercilessly.
      Do you not see
      That what is coming forward
      Is not your sense of perfection
      But your unconscious,
      Unwanted self-imposition
      And self-glorification?

      If your Lord Supreme scolds you,
      Your divine attitude
      will immediately say:
      "I failed,
      But please let me try again!
      Please give me another chance
      To please You,
      To please You in Your own Way!"

      How can you make
      Any satisfactory progress
      If your mind is blinded
      By your negative attitude
      Towards the inner life
      And the ultimate Destination?

      Your do-nothing attitude
      Is responsible
      Not only for the complete failure
      Of your own life
      But also for the sad failure
      Of your big world-family.

      What is doubt,
      If not
      A world-strangling attitude
      Of our mind?

      With our heart-attitude
      We shall be able
      To change the world
      And not
      With our life-plenitude.

      You can read more of Sri Chinmoy's great writings at
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com