Re: Marathon Course Questions

  • salil_wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
      Dear Prachar1,

      I will get back to you re the exact loop measurement and the extra bit at the
      end.

      No there will not be 5k markers as there is already a preponderance of
      distance markers on the course and I don't think we need another eight.

      With regard to "the mental jugglery of us poor metricians attempting to figure
      out where we are."

      I suggest you take a leaf out of the race founder's book who advises, "Run
      with your expanding heart and not with your calculating mind." Further
      writings of Sri Chinmoy's can be found at http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/

      By the way, 1 mile equals 1.609 km, one third of a league, 8 furlongs, 63360
      inches and 0.000005368 light seconds for those faster runners. This and
      other fascinating conversions can be found at http://www.convert-me.com/en/
      convert/length

      Thank you for you interest... and have you entered?

      Kindest regards,

      Salil

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, prachar_1 <