The Runners

  • sundari_one
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2003
      Recently I had the great joy to be in New York for one of Sri
      Chinmoy's very special lifting events and I got to spend a little
      time with the 3,100 mile runners -- especially Suprabha. It was
      so inspiring. The first 2 days were cool and sunny, the 3rd was a
      downpour like I have never seen in my life, and the 4th was hot
      and muggy. And every day those runners were out their putting
      in their laps.

      I got the sense, while spending time with them, that even though
      they are there running around that small course, they are
      connected with all of us everywhere. What those brave runners
      are doing is mind-boggling. Their selfless dedication is uplifting
      all of humanity.

      At one point I was reading to Suprabha out of "My Life's
      Soul-Journey", and her favorite poem was:

      Prepare yourself anew each day for your Supreme Lord's arrival
      with your heart's soulful prayer and your life's peaceful
      meditation.

      It was wonderful to see the delight on their faces when Guru
      would come to the race course to greet and to bless each one of
      them. They would absolutely light up. What a wonderful
      experience!

      --Sundari