Courage

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26 12:38 PM
      Emma's message is about this inner quality every seeker needs to
      cross the life-river and I have just found some few words related at:

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/rainbow-flowers/part2

      ¨Without courage in the outer life we can still walk, but in the
      inner life we cannot cover even one metre if we do not have courage.
      Courage is of constant necessity to take one step ahead. Courage is
      the divinity in us that can take us into the infinite realm of
      silence, peace and bliss.¨

      Sri Chinmoy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2008
        Dear friends,

        I am sure all seekers and aspirants throughout the ages have faced the
        same enemies: doubt, pride, insecurity and so forth.

        We are human, and as such prone to make mistakes.

        For the last year I have had the following question in my mind:

        Is it because we doubt ourselves that we make mistakes, or is it that
        because we make mistakes, we doubt ourselves?

        In our last Wednesday night meditation, Sri Chinmoy was reciting an
        aphorism in which God told the seeker that it is a lack of faith in
        oneself that leads to mistakes. Question answered!

        Tonight I am inspired to share some of Sri Chinmoy's writings on
        courage....when we are faced with our human limitations, courage and
        poise are tremendous allies.

        It has ben a pleasant surprise, while searching for poems and talks on
        courage, to find that, in Sri Chinmoy's writings, courage is based on
        faith, an implicit faith in oneself as a child of God, as an
        instrument of God, as someone destined to realise God.

        Here are the writings by Sri Chinmoy that I selected from the Sri
        Chinmoy Library website (unofficial). enjoy!

        "O seeker,
        Do not be afraid
        Of your life's tragic stories.
        In the course of time
        These tragic stories
        Will purify your mind
        Completely
        And strengthen your heart
        Limitlessly.

        Question: What is aspiration?

        Sri Chinmoy: Aspiration is inner cry. Aspiration is inner courage.
        What is inner courage? Inner courage is implicit faith in your own
        divine Pilot. If you have inner courage, that means you have faith in
        your Master.

        Question: What is aspiration?

        Sri Chinmoy: Aspiration is the inner courage. And what is the
        inner courage? The inner courage is called implicit faith in one's
        divine Pilot.

        To rise triumphant out of every trial, what you need is inner courage.
        What is inner courage? Inner courage is the constant acceptance and
        fulfilment of God's will.

        The outer difficulties come
        Eventually to go.
        The inner courage comes
        Permanently to stay.

        Courage

        Courage is the most devoted servant of one's own faith in oneself and God.
        Timidity says, "God is forever unknowable." Courage says, "God is at
        present unknown, but only for a while."
        Cowardice is an extra load to carry in the march of your day-to-day life.
        Courage is an ever-willing extra porter to carry your wealth, inner
        and outer, according to your soul's volition.
        Courage is perfection only when it springs from one's oneness with the
        vision of God.
        There is no other way to please your inner self than to be, yourself,
        a perfect emblem of courage.
        Enthusiasm in its purest expression is courage.
        Against one's inner courage, death itself contends in vain.
        Courage is God's successful inspiration in Man's body, mind, heart and
        soul.

        COURAGE

        Without courage in the outer life we can still walk, but in the inner
        life we cannot cover even one metre if we do not have courage. Courage
        is of constant necessity to take one step ahead. Courage is the
        divinity in us that can take us into the infinite realm of silence,
        peace and bliss.

        The significance of life is the constant presence of inner courage.
        Without the inner courage,
        There can be no satisfactory progress
        In the spiritual life.

        Inner courage is indispensable
        To accept the challenge
        Of grey days
        In each human life.

        Two of my long-lost companions
        Have now come back:
        My inner poise
        And my outer courage.

        My Lord,
        Out of His infinite Bounty,
        Has given me
        The inner strength and courage
        For any crisis.

        God's fervent request to us
        Is to muster all our courage,
        Inner and outer,
        To conquer our long-cherished
        Wrong forces.

        Courage

        In one of the Upanishads, it says that the soul is not to be won by
        the weakling. Courage is absolutely necessary in the spiritual life.
        The very acceptance of the spiritual life demands enormous courage. It
        is only a divinely courageous soul, only a divinely inspired soul,
        that can swiftly reach the highest Goal.

        This courage is not the courage of a haughty, rough person who will
        strike others to assert his superiority; it is totally different. This
        courage is our constant awareness of what we are entering into, of
        what we are going to become, of what we are going to reveal. We have
        to jump courageously into the ocean of spirituality, but we have to
        know that we are not jumping into the sea of uncertainty. Uncertainty
        and spirituality never go together. When we speak of courage, we have
        to know that courage means certainty.

        It is not by hook or by crook that we are going to have
        God-realisation; it is through constant self-offering. Self-offering
        is the most powerful weapon, for it is in self-offering that true
        courage lies. When we know, feel and realise that God is ours and we
        are God's, we get spontaneous courage streaming forth.

        God and you are eternally one, each fulfilling the other. If you have
        indomitable courage or the soul's Willpower, you can fulfil the
        Supreme and the Supreme can fulfil you. This you feel on the strength
        of your all-giving, all-sacrificing inner courage."
        -Sri Chinmoy

        with gratitude, Kamalakanta
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2010
          dear friends,

          Today I am inspired by the word "courage".

          Sometimes, when I do musical arrangements of Sri Chinmoy's music,
          I am looking for one word that inspires me at that particular moment. Before I play the first note, I know the title of the medley/arrangement I will make.

          Last night, after our weekly Wednesday night meditation, I was inspired to do music. So I titled it "courage" and started working on it, choosing sounds and songs in intuitive fashion.

          So I did one with two melodies, Khama Karo and Sab Abhiman.

          It is a very calm, contemplative arrangement. You could literally have a baby sleep to this music.

          Here is Sri Chinmoy's translation from Bengali for both songs:

          Khama Karo Ei Shesh Bar

          Forgive me, forgive me.
          This is the last time, forgive me.
          I shall offer to You at Your Feet
          The garland of Victory.
          I am the silent compassion of Your Infinity.
          You are the Ocean, I am the tiniest drop.
          This is my only identification.
          -Sri Chinmoy

          Garden of Love-Light, Part 2 [song #32]

          Sab Abhiman

          "O Compassionate Supreme,
          Do destroy my sulking nature.
          To establish Your Victory here on earth,
          Let me not suffer from fear.
          Give me a dauntless heart.
          Your Victory is my victory indeed.
          You are the life-breath of my life.
          I know, when I fulfil You,
          All my desires come to an end
          In the twinkling of an eye."
          -Sri Chinmoy

          Pole-Star Promise-Light, Part 2 [song #8]

          I posted the arrangement on sendspace.com. Here is the download link:

          http://www.sendspace.com/file/gq6m46.

          Enjoy!