Re: OT - Handkerchief dept.

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 28, 2005
      If you like this movie, you would definitely also like Children of
      Heaven, an Iranian film. Have you seen it? It qualifies for the
      handkerchief dept. It tells a sweet story through the eyes of a
      brother and sister.

      Sharani

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, dharmaja
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > I have recently rented a DVD "A Little Princess." Big handkerchief
      > required, about a little girl, her father, mom is in Heaven, early
      > 1900s, dad has to go off to fight in World War I, her conquest of
      > incredibly difficult circumstances, scenes of India, references to the
      > Ramayana, awesome. I recommend it.
      >
      > Dharmaja

      > > Thank you for the kind feedback Beverly. Maybe we will have to start
      > > an offshoot of this group with an online shopping mall selling
      > > handkerchiefs (Doris' poem had me crying a while back) and thank-you
      > > stationery for starters. I enjoy your presence here in this group and
      > > am going out on a complete limb :-) (even walking the plank?) here by
      > > asking you what is your favorite kind of tree and do you like trees
      > > especially? For some reason, when I think of you, trees come to mind,
      > > but I'm not sure which kind. maybe they have been a thread in your
      > > postings/poems... yes trees... ;-)
      > >
      > > Sharani
      > >
      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > In your poems I hear the whisper of our Tailor. This one touched me
      > > with
      > > > tears.
      > > >
      > > > Love, Beverly
      > > >

      > > > [Appropriately, Beverly submitted this post with alterations! :-)
      > > > -Assistant Moderator]
      > > >

      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani

    • doriscott20002000
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
        Dear Sharani,

        I'd like to bring some flowers, they don't make you cry. Of all the
        flowers I know I like the fragrance of the freesia the most; it's
        pure sweetness; breathe in and breathe out, hmmmm.

> [...]
        > describe this landscape. Oops, almost forgot. Dharmaja will bring
        > the tomatoes. Hey this is way better than gulab jamun, don't you
        > think?
        >
        > Sharani
        >

        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Handkerchiefs
        > >
        > > I had no idea when I formally embarked on the spiritual life, that
        > > the journey would be so intense. It is doubly fitting that you
        > > mention handkerchiefs. A gift of two cotton 'scarves' lie nearby.
        > > One is blue (for infinity?), one is violet/purple (for grace?). I
        am
        > > prepared. Let the uninitiated think me fashionable.
        > >
        > > Trees
        > >
        > > The limb you went out on is sound. Many of my meditations take
        place
        > > in a forest setting. I like to walk woodland trails and sing Sri
        > > Chinmoy's songs. A favourite species of tree - hmmm, don't think I
        > > have one. I feel an affinity with nature of most any form. Swans,
        > > yes, trees, yes, dancing ocean and light, yes, star strewn skys,
        > > yes, the haunting whistle of wind in one's ears near a summit,
        > yes...
        > > Yes, yes, yes. (Brings to mind last month's featured aphorism).*
        > >
        > > Today my post meditation ramble carried me to two orange
        > > butterflies, orbiting about one another in a patch of sunlight -
        > > anglewings, I think. They landed on a low branch of a fir and
        > > disappeared. The closed wings mimic dead leaves confoundingly
        well.
        > > It was not until they fluttered to a sun soaked black berry that I
        > > caught sight of them again. This time I ducked down to check out
        the
        > > underside of the thorny twig from almost nose distance - still
        > > didn't spot either till one moved. As one, they spiraled off. The
        > > sky was so blue - just one patch of tiny wind tossed cloud
        ciphers.

        > > Thank-you for offering the swan pictures!
        > >
        > > Beverly
        > >

        > > [*Not to mention mountain flowers. :-) -Assistant Moderator]
        > >

        > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
        > > sharani_sharani <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Thank you for the kind feedback Beverly. Maybe we will have to
        > > start
        > > > an offshoot of this group with an online shopping mall selling
        > > > handkerchiefs (Doris' poem had me crying a while back) and
        > > thank-you
        > > > stationery for starters. I enjoy your presence here in this
        group
        > > and
        > > > am going out on a complete limb :-) (even walking the plank?)
        > > here by
        > > > asking you what is your favorite kind of tree and do you like
        > > trees
        > > > especially? For some reason, when I think of you, trees come
        > > to mind,
        > > > but I'm not sure which kind. maybe they have been a thread in

      • purnakama2000
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
          Hi Sharani!

          You crack me up!
          I can hardly wait to see you live and in person!

          Purnakama :)

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
            Yes, this landscape is definitely incomplete without your flowers.
            Freesia is perfect. And I promise not to cry.

            Sharani

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doriscott20002000

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
              Hi Purnakama!

              I'll spend the whole day with you if you promise to bring the puppets
              Mrs. Chicken and Rooey-Jo along too for a little guest conducting. :-)
              Sharani

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > >
              > > > Today my post meditation ramble carried me to two orange
              > > > butterflies, orbiting about one another in a patch of sunlight -
              > > > anglewings, I think. They landed on a low branch of a fir and
              > > > disappeared. The closed wings mimic dead leaves confoundingly
              > well.
              > > > It was not until they fluttered to a sun soaked black berry that I
              > > > caught sight of them again. This time I ducked down to check out
              > the
              > > > underside of the thorny twig from almost nose distance - still
              > > > didn't spot either till one moved. As one, they spiraled off. The
              > > > sky was so blue - just one patch of tiny wind tossed cloud
              > ciphers.
              > > >
              > > > Thank-you for offering the swan pictures!
              > > >
              > > > Beverly
              > > >

              > > > [*Not to mention mountain flowers. :-) -Assistant Moderator]

            • purnakama2000
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
                Hi Sharani!

                Sounds great! Mrs. Chicken and rooey-joe are already busy packing.
                Coffee and conducting at the smile? :) :) :) :)

                Purnakama

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                > Hi Purnakama!
                >
                > I'll spend the whole day with you if you promise to bring the
                puppets
                > Mrs. Chicken and Rooey-Jo along too for a little guest
                conducting. :-)
                > Sharani
                >
                > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi Sharani!
                > >
                > > You crack me up!
                > > I can hardly wait to see you live and in person!
                > >
                > > Purnakama :)
                > >
                > > -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani
                > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear Beverly,
                > > >
                > > > Quick turn down the volume on your computer's speakers or you
                will
                > > > be overwhelmed by the noise of my huge sigh of relief! Now
                here's
                > > > the way I see it. You've got tree duty, Ed's got the sunrise
                > > > covered, Purnakama is on sky and cloud detail, Pavitrata –
                swans,
                > > > Suchana – hummingbirds, Jeromy – rainbows. I'll bring the
                > > > binoculars. Kedar and Pavitrata will take the stills.
                Pavitrata's
                > > > schoolchildren will paint the whole thing. Am I leaving
                something or
                > > > someone out? Chime in if so. Lastly, Sumangali will continue
                as our
                > > > poet laureate and handmaiden to Nature's Beauty to exquisitely
                > > > describe this landscape. Oops, almost forgot. Dharmaja will
                bring
                > > > the tomatoes. Hey this is way better than gulab jamun, don't you
                > > > think?
                > > >
                > > > Sharani
                > > >

                > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada

                > > am

                > > place
                Sri
                Swans,
                > > > yes...

                > > well.
                > > the
                The
                > > ciphers.

                > > group

                > > alterations! :-
                > > > )

              • bithika777
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
                  I would like to recommend Tears of the Camel. This is a Mongolian
                  film so rich with docu-style insight into the nomadic Mongolian
                  lifestyle of the camel herders. About a camel who has a difficult
                  delivery of her calf, and then will not look at it or allow it to
                  feed. The tribespeople send to the town for a violinist and they
                  change the camel's mind by singing and playing to it. It is
                  unbelievable! The camel starts to cry, and in the flow of its
                  emotions, they push the baby back towards it to suckle - and all is
                  healed. Very vivid, real and touching. At least, very unusual. I
                  was fascinated to see the contents of the tents they live in, and
                  the family structure, the peaceful simplicity of their lives, their
                  love for each other and their religious practices. Heart affirming.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 3, 2005
                    Ok Purnakama,
                    Brace yourself. I'm in a state of amazement in my current sentiments.
                    Do you know the song "It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter"? Well
                    yesterday, this was my theme song and I actually debated inwardly at
                    length about whether maybe Winter is the prettiest and best season of
                    all. I've settled into the routine and getting 5-9 inches of snow
                    every 3 or 4 days is growing on me. Monday night we had a snowstorm
                    that left absolutely everything (even the vertical trunks of the
                    trees) adorned in snow for two whole days afterwards. The woods behind
                    the library where I work looked so beautiful, even more beautiful than
                    when the trees were wearing their Fall colours. Then the night after
                    the storm, Mother Nature outdid herself by dusting it with another
                    inch to keep the pristine whiteness untouched. Seeing the white purity
                    of snow in all directions has this convert to Winter's beauty feeling
                    it is nothing less than perfect. I never imagined I would be feeling
                    so happy to live in a marshmallow world.

                    Sharani

                    p.s. when the daffodils, forsythia, dogwood and lilacs bloom in my
                    yard, marshmallows may lose their charm ... :-)

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 3, 2005
                      Dear Beverly,

                      Please tell me more about anglewing butterflies :-) I'm mostly
                      familiar with monarch butterflies. Do they live primarily in Canada?
                      Did you see one now or are you sharing a warm weather memory with
                      us? I love the idea of walking meditations in the forest. Sharing
                      our wonder in nature's beauty is a pretty good experience, yes? Or
                      perhaps some of us missed our calling by not becoming park rangers
                      :-) :-)

                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                      > Handkerchiefs
                      >
                      > I had no idea when I formally embarked on the spiritual life, that
                      > the journey would be so intense. It is doubly fitting that you
                      > mention handkerchiefs. A gift of two cotton 'scarves' lie nearby.
                      > One is blue (for infinity?), one is violet/purple (for grace?). I am
                      > prepared. Let the uninitiated think me fashionable.
                      >
                      > Trees
                      >
                      > The limb you went out on is sound. Many of my meditations take place
                      > in a forest setting. I like to walk woodland trails and sing Sri
                      > Chinmoy's songs. A favourite species of tree - hmmm, don't think I
                      > have one. I feel an affinity with nature of most any form. Swans,
                      > yes, trees, yes, dancing ocean and light, yes, star strewn skys,
                      > yes, the haunting whistle of wind in one's ears near a summit,
                      yes...
                      > Yes, yes, yes. (Brings to mind last month's featured aphorism).*
                      >
                      > Today my post meditation ramble carried me to two orange
                      > butterflies, orbiting about one another in a patch of sunlight -
                      > anglewings, I think. They landed on a low branch of a fir and
                      > disappeared. The closed wings mimic dead leaves confoundingly well.
                      > It was not until they fluttered to a sun soaked black berry that I
                      > caught sight of them again. This time I ducked down to check out the
                      > underside of the thorny twig from almost nose distance - still
                      > didn't spot either till one moved. As one, they spiraled off. The
                      > sky was so blue - just one patch of tiny wind tossed cloud ciphers.
                      >
                      > Thank-you for offering the swan pictures!
                      >
                      > Beverly
                      >

                      > [*Not to mention mountain flowers. :-) -Assistant Moderator]
                      >

                      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
                      > sharani_sharani <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Thank you for the kind feedback Beverly. Maybe we will have to
                      > start
                      > > an offshoot of this group with an online shopping mall selling
                      > > handkerchiefs (Doris' poem had me crying a while back) and
                      > thank-you
                      > > stationery for starters. I enjoy your presence here in this group
                      > and
                      > > am going out on a complete limb :-) (even walking the plank?)
                      > here by
                      > > asking you what is your favorite kind of tree and do you like
                      > trees
                      > > especially? For some reason, when I think of you, trees come
                      > to mind,
                      > > but I'm not sure which kind. maybe they have been a thread in
                      > your
                      > > postings/poems... yes trees... ;-)
                      > >
                      > > Sharani
                      > >
                      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
                      > beverly_canada
                      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > In your poems I hear the whisper of our Tailor. This one
                      > touched me
                      > > with
                      > > > tears.
                      > > >
                      > > > Love, Beverly
                      > > >

                      > > > [Appropriately, Beverly submitted this post with alterations!
                      :-)
                      > > > -Assistant Moderator]
                      > > >

                      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
                      > sharani_sharani

                    • purnakama2000
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 3, 2005
                        Hello Sharani!

                        Once again I have oneness with you in the snow world.
                        Although we have not gotten any significant amounts of snow
                        lately, we still have about 3 and a half feet of the white stuff on
                        the ground, and it doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to go
                        anywhere. Every couple of days we get a light dusting, just to keep
                        things looking fresh. It truly is beautiful.

                        Our temperature has improved at least. It's hovering around 0
                        degrees F during the day which is quite lovely, and the days are
                        much longer as well, but I just know that the peonies in my front
                        garden are anxious to awaken from their long winter's nap and give
                        their petals a good stretch.

                        Now this new snow that you talk of out your way presents a new
                        dilemma.

                        Mrs. Chicken and Rooey-Jo have no idea what to pack for their
                        upcoming voyage.

                        Should Rooey-Jo bring her thermal pouch warmer? After all, kangaroos
                        aren't used to this harsh weather, and she's never really ventured
                        outside before.

                        I'll have a chat with them and see what we can come up with in terms
                        of some all weather gear.

                        From my Marshmallow world to yours! :)

                        Purnakama

                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 5, 2005
                          Purnakama,
                          Since a grand snowball fight could break out at any moment, you better
                          pack the all weather gear. Don't forget to contact me off board when
                          you come this way to visit. I played your songs newly listed on Radio
                          Sri Chinmoy over and over with immense enjoyment. And to think that I
                          thought I would be hearing saxophone music. Who knew another Judy
                          Collins was waiting to be discovered! By the way, have you listened to
                          Vinaya on Radio Sri Chinmoy? As a fellow folk music fan, you'll be in
                          seventh heaven. It's mostly harmonica, banjo, etc. Bluegrass heaven,
                          seventh heaven, same difference.