Evening Function, February 23

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2005
      The weather became very cold again last night and the wind made it
      seem even colder, well below freezing. We held the function in a
      very nice place and we had a special performer who entertained us
      for a while.

      Sri Chinmoy's guests, who have visited on two other occassions in
      the past two years, stayed during the whole function and were
      treated to some wonderful moments.

      There were songs that Sri Chinmoy composed in China. Some were
      devotional songs and some were about China. Sri Chinmoy also
      demonstrated to us all a new 'toy' as he referred to it. It was a
      small plastic keyboard that he could play and sing into while it
      recorded his voice and his playing. Then he played back some of what
      he had just recorded a few hours earlier.

      Sri Chinmoy's achievements in China were read out - a two page list
      of the many things that he did out of devotion to God, including
      songs, poems, prayers, drawings, concerts, and humanitarian aid.

      We saw a video of a very impressive synthesizer performance he gave
      during a concert in China. The synthesizer was quite sophisticated
      in its range of sounds and Sri Chinmoy's performance on it seemed to
      really transcend anything he had musically done on a synthesizer
      before. In the end it sounded like a well-orchestrated symphony.

      At the end of the function, Sri Chinmoy presented his guests with a
      number of nice gifts from China. They seemed so happy with the whole
      evening and were happy and eager to stay until the end. We then
      received a large helping of prasad (blessed food) in the form of
      gift bags, rounding out the four hour function.

      As we went back into the very cold and windy New York night, the
      full moon was brightly leading our way and the warmth and sweetness
      of the evening function kept us feeling happy and safe as we made
      our way back home.

      Gratefully full,
      Arpan
    • atulya27
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 24, 2005
        Thank you for taking us there Arpan. Being way out on the west coast
        news doesn't always make its way to us. It is so nice to "join" the
        party so to speak.

        Gratitude,

        Atulya

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > The weather became very cold again last night and the wind made it
        > seem even colder, well below freezing. We held the function in a
        > very nice place and we had a special performer who entertained us
        > for a while.
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy's guests, who have visited on two other occassions in
        > the past two years, stayed during the whole function and were
        > treated to some wonderful moments.
        >
        > There were songs that Sri Chinmoy composed in China. Some were
        > devotional songs and some were about China. Sri Chinmoy also
        > demonstrated to us all a new 'toy' as he referred to it. It was a
        > small plastic keyboard that he could play and sing into while it
        > recorded his voice and his playing. Then he played back some of what
        > he had just recorded a few hours earlier.
        >
        > Sri Chinmoy's achievements in China were read out - a two page list
        > of the many things that he did out of devotion to God, including
        > songs, poems, prayers, drawings, concerts, and humanitarian aid.
        >
        > We saw a video of a very impressive synthesizer performance he gave
        > during a concert in China. The synthesizer was quite sophisticated
        > in its range of sounds and Sri Chinmoy's performance on it seemed to
        > really transcend anything he had musically done on a synthesizer
        > before. In the end it sounded like a well-orchestrated symphony.
        >
        > At the end of the function, Sri Chinmoy presented his guests with a
        > number of nice gifts from China. They seemed so happy with the whole
        > evening and were happy and eager to stay until the end. We then
        > received a large helping of prasad (blessed food) in the form of
        > gift bags, rounding out the four hour function.
        >
        > As we went back into the very cold and windy New York night, the
        > full moon was brightly leading our way and the warmth and sweetness
        > of the evening function kept us feeling happy and safe as we made
        > our way back home.
        >
        > Gratefully full,
        > Arpan
      • chitvanr
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 24, 2005
          Hi Arpan,

          I just wanted to thank you for posting some news from the function. I
          really appreciate these posts and hadn't noticed any in a while. I
          really like the feeling and thought you put into your posts and hope
          you're well.

          Chitvan

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > The weather became very cold again last night and the wind made it
          > seem even colder, well below freezing. We held the function in a
          > very nice place and we had a special performer who entertained us
          > for a while.
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy's guests, who have visited on two other occassions in
          > the past two years, stayed during the whole function and were
          > treated to some wonderful moments.
          >
          > There were songs that Sri Chinmoy composed in China. Some were
          > devotional songs and some were about China. Sri Chinmoy also
          > demonstrated to us all a new 'toy' as he referred to it. It was a
          > small plastic keyboard that he could play and sing into while it
          > recorded his voice and his playing. Then he played back some of what
          > he had just recorded a few hours earlier.
          >
          > Sri Chinmoy's achievements in China were read out - a two page list
          > of the many things that he did out of devotion to God, including
          > songs, poems, prayers, drawings, concerts, and humanitarian aid.
          >
          > We saw a video of a very impressive synthesizer performance he gave
          > during a concert in China. The synthesizer was quite sophisticated
          > in its range of sounds and Sri Chinmoy's performance on it seemed to
          > really transcend anything he had musically done on a synthesizer
          > before. In the end it sounded like a well-orchestrated symphony.
          >
          > At the end of the function, Sri Chinmoy presented his guests with a
          > number of nice gifts from China. They seemed so happy with the whole
          > evening and were happy and eager to stay until the end. We then
          > received a large helping of prasad (blessed food) in the form of
          > gift bags, rounding out the four hour function.
          >
          > As we went back into the very cold and windy New York night, the
          > full moon was brightly leading our way and the warmth and sweetness
          > of the evening function kept us feeling happy and safe as we made
          > our way back home.
          >
          > Gratefully full,
          > Arpan
        • purnakama2000
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 24, 2005
            Hello Arpan!

            I know that others have said it, but I must chime in with gratitude.
            It really means so much to those of us who cannot get to New York
            that often to hear news of what's happening. I can feel the
            consciousness of the evening just from your posting. Thank you for
            the inspiration, and also for the race prayer.

            This helps us more than you can know.

            Gratefully yours,
            Purnakama

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > The weather became very cold again last night and the wind made it
            > seem even colder, well below freezing. We held the function in a
            > very nice place and we had a special performer who entertained us
            > for a while.
            >
            > Sri Chinmoy's guests, who have visited on two other occassions in
            > the past two years, stayed during the whole function and were
            > treated to some wonderful moments.
            >
            > There were songs that Sri Chinmoy composed in China. Some were
            > devotional songs and some were about China. Sri Chinmoy also
            > demonstrated to us all a new 'toy' as he referred to it. It was a
            > small plastic keyboard that he could play and sing into while it
            > recorded his voice and his playing. Then he played back some of
            what
            > he had just recorded a few hours earlier.
            >
            > Sri Chinmoy's achievements in China were read out - a two page list
            > of the many things that he did out of devotion to God, including
            > songs, poems, prayers, drawings, concerts, and humanitarian aid.
            >
            > We saw a video of a very impressive synthesizer performance he gave
            > during a concert in China. The synthesizer was quite sophisticated
            > in its range of sounds and Sri Chinmoy's performance on it seemed
            > really transcend anything he had musically done on a synthesizer
            > before. In the end it sounded like a well-orchestrated symphony.
            >
            > At the end of the function, Sri Chinmoy presented his guests with a
            > number of nice gifts from China. They seemed so happy with the
            whole
            > evening and were happy and eager to stay until the end. We then
            > received a large helping of prasad (blessed food) in the form of
            > gift bags, rounding out the four hour function.
            >
            > As we went back into the very cold and windy New York night, the
            > full moon was brightly leading our way and the warmth and sweetness
            > of the evening function kept us feeling happy and safe as we made
            > our way back home.
            >
            > Gratefully full,
            > Arpan
          • spudface2005
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 25, 2005
              [From Sunirmalya]

              Hi Chitvan & Arpan,

              And I wanted to thank Arpan on behalf of the dingbat ex-disciples
              who follow the inspiration group and particularly enjoy his work.
              He is the world's best runner, great sitar player, fantastic chippie*
              etc. but best of all is his work in the inspiration group. Bravo!!!

              Love and peace from Sunirmalya

              [*Chippie is Australian slang for carpenter, and British slang for
              fish and chip shop; but Australians please note: it has a completely
              different (and uncomplimentary) meaning in American slang. Also, new
              posters please use the link below to message #9286. We have some
              customs desgned to help keep your online experience pleasant and
              hassle-free. Please set your member preferences to hide your email
              address, and post directly on the Inspiration site, not by sending
              an email from your mail account. Thank you very much. -Assistant
              Moderator]

              http://tinyurl.com/2z72h/9286

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, chitvanr
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > Hi Arpan,
              >
              > I just wanted to thank you for posting some news from the function. I
              > really appreciate these posts and hadn't noticed any in a while. I
              > really like the feeling and thought you put into your posts and hope
              > you're well.
              >
              > Chitvan
              >
              > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, arpan_deangelo
              > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > The weather became very cold again last night and the wind made it
              > > seem even colder, well below freezing. We held the function in a
              > > very nice place and we had a special performer who entertained us
              > > for a while.
              > >
              > > Sri Chinmoy's guests, who have visited on two other occassions in
              > > the past two years, stayed during the whole function and were
              > > treated to some wonderful moments.
              > >
              > > There were songs that Sri Chinmoy composed in China. Some were
              > > devotional songs and some were about China. Sri Chinmoy also
              > > demonstrated to us all a new 'toy' as he referred to it. It was a
              > > small plastic keyboard that he could play and sing into while it
              > > recorded his voice and his playing. Then he played back some of what
              > > he had just recorded a few hours earlier.
              > >
              > > Sri Chinmoy's achievements in China were read out - a two page list
              > > of the many things that he did out of devotion to God, including
              > > songs, poems, prayers, drawings, concerts, and humanitarian aid.
              > >
              > > We saw a video of a very impressive synthesizer performance he gave
              > > during a concert in China. The synthesizer was quite sophisticated
              > > in its range of sounds and Sri Chinmoy's performance on it seemed to
              > > really transcend anything he had musically done on a synthesizer
              > > before. In the end it sounded like a well-orchestrated symphony.
              > >
              > > At the end of the function, Sri Chinmoy presented his guests with a
              > > number of nice gifts from China. They seemed so happy with the whole
              > > evening and were happy and eager to stay until the end. We then
              > > received a large helping of prasad (blessed food) in the form of
              > > gift bags, rounding out the four hour function.
              > >
              > > As we went back into the very cold and windy New York night, the
              > > full moon was brightly leading our way and the warmth and sweetness
              > > of the evening function kept us feeling happy and safe as we made
              > > our way back home.
              > >
              > > Gratefully full,
              > > Arpan
            • arpan_deangelo
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 25, 2005
                Thank you so much Sunirmalya,

                I was so happy to hear from you, not because of the compliments, but
                because it seems you are doing well inwardly at least. I hope all is
                well in your outer life as well.

                Your feelings of oneness and friendship with your old spiritual
                friends is so heartening to us. Even if someone goes off on their
                own in the world, when they maintain a positive outer connection and
                real inner connection with their spiritual guide and friends, it
                gives everyone joy, including the person who left.

                I would hardly consider you a 'dingbat ex-disciple' as you put it.
                It was nice seeing you in Australia a few years ago. I was on the
                Cairns section and greeted you a couple of times. You are truly
                still a friend of ours and I am sure very dear in your Guru's heart.
                I have a brother by birth who is in the same situation after leaving
                the path so many years ago; but he is still very understanding and
                loving in his spriritual consciousness. He has nothing but positive
                experiences in his life because he is still so positive and
                receptive inwardly.

                I am sure you know and experience firsthand that when someone
                outwardly leaves a true path such as ours for reasons that are real
                and necessary to them at the time, it does not necessarily mean they
                have to leave inwardly. Those who keep the inner connection with an
                advanced spiritual Master such as Sri Chinmoy, no matter where they
                are or what they are doing, will still feel his loving guidance and
                concern for them. I have seen this many times in friends and in my
                brother who I am very close to inwardly and outwardly.

                Unfortunately, I have also had friends on the path who for some
                reason do not want to keep a positive inner connection and decide to
                work out their inner life for themselves, or even abandon it. If
                they lose their sincerity and humility, and go far away from the
                Supreme, this can lead to many problems. Still, we wish them well
                and hope that the Supreme will guide them in their own way. I am
                sure you and others who have had firsthand experiences in your life
                with these situations know what I'm talking about.

                I have been around long enough (33 years) on this path to have
                learned by now that life is a tremendous opportunity to make
                progress, both inwardly and outwardly. Either way, it takes lots of
                hard work and it can be a really difficult struggle at times. The
                struggle is not only with the physical body which presents its own
                problems on a regular basis, but the vital and the mind as well.
                Their challenges can be even greater than that of the body. But once
                you have a real inner guide or spiritual teacher, he or she will
                always help those who are willing to receive their guidance. Once
                the connection is established, as long as it is valued for what it
                truly is, it will always work in the life of the aspirant.

                This is not new to you or most others who are reading this, I know.
                I just wanted to remind people how lucky we are to have this option
                to believe in the reality of the inner life and the inner teacher,
                or to abandon it and reap those results, whatever they may be.

                I, for one, would rather make the choice which I think we agree is
                the smartest and wisest: to search for the truth on all levels of
                reality, realising that a spiritual guide or Guru - once found and
                accepted - should be valued for who they truly are and what they are
                trying to do to serve humanity.

                Even if we do not maintain a close outer connection with a true
                spiritual Guru, the inner connection, which is the most real and
                most important one, will prove itself in a very positive and loving
                way as long as the seeker decides to keep that inner connection
                alive and well.

                My brother and yourself and many other ex-disciples I know and love
                as real spiritual friends are shining examples of this truth and
                reality. Thank you for inspiring us all with your oneness-heart and
                loving friendship.

                Gratefully,
                Arpan

                --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, spudface2005
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > >
                > > > We saw a video of a very impressive synthesizer performance he gave
                > > > during a concert in China. The synthesizer was quite sophisticated
                > > > in its range of sounds and Sri Chinmoy's performance on it seemed to
                > > > really transcend anything he had musically done on a synthesizer
                > > > before. In the end it sounded like a well-orchestrated symphony.
                > > >
                > > > At the end of the function, Sri Chinmoy presented his guests with a
                > > > number of nice gifts from China. They seemed so happy with the whole
                > > > evening and were happy and eager to stay until the end. We then
                > > > received a large helping of prasad (blessed food) in the form of
                > > > gift bags, rounding out the four hour function.
                > > >
                > > > As we went back into the very cold and windy New York night, the
                > > > full moon was brightly leading our way and the warmth and sweetness
                > > > of the evening function kept us feeling happy and safe as we made

              • salil_wilson
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 26, 2005
                  How delightful it is to hear from our dearest spudfaced dingbat, the
                  everlovable Sunirmalya.

                  All fondess and affection.

                  Salil

                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > >
                  > > > We saw a video of a very impressive synthesizer performance he gave
                  > > > during a concert in China. The synthesizer was quite sophisticated
                  > > > in its range of sounds and Sri Chinmoy's performance on it seemed to
                  > > > really transcend anything he had musically done on a synthesizer
                  > > > before. In the end it sounded like a well-orchestrated symphony.
                  > > >
                  > > > At the end of the function, Sri Chinmoy presented his guests with a
                  > > > number of nice gifts from China. They seemed so happy with the whole
                  > > > evening and were happy and eager to stay until the end. We then
                  > > > received a large helping of prasad (blessed food) in the form of
                  > > > gift bags, rounding out the four hour function.
                  > > >
                  > > > As we went back into the very cold and windy New York night, the
                  > > > full moon was brightly leading our way and the warmth and sweetness
                  > > > of the evening function kept us feeling happy and safe as we made

                • spudface2005
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 27, 2005
                    [From Sunirmalya]

                    Dear Arpan,

                    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

                    There are few people in the world with as much genuine humility as
                    your humble self, and in my own humble opinion, this is the true
                    measure of spirituality. You have managed to very succinctly
                    understand my position. I do feel Sri Chinmoy as my eternity's Guru
                    and still meditate daily in the manner I had previously for the 23
                    years on the official path.

                    There is not a single friend off the path I have found to compare to
                    the dear brothers and sisters I have on the path. They will always
                    be my true family. People like yourself who I admired and respected
                    though never really had a huge outer conversation, are infinitely
                    closer to me, for you are the real companions of my heart.

                    There are reasons people leave, but for me they always come back to
                    the same thing - 'lack of aspiration.' My case is no different,
                    people will always prosper on the path when they are intensely
                    aspiring, it gets harder and harder the less aspiration one has, in
                    my opinion. I am sure I would be aspiring more if I had remained on
                    the path, but Sri Chinmoy will always be my Guru and I am grateful
                    that I constantly experience the truth of your words that 'no matter
                    where they are or what they are doing, will still feel his loving
                    guidance and concern for them.'

                    I don't want to get into a long to and fro, just I am grateful for
                    you know how I feel, and you can be sure I will be reading your
                    inspiring posts in the future. I hope you will tell Nayak that I am
                    a big fan of his too!

                    p.s. your choice of 33 years is the highest and best going around,
                    lots of love and peace dear brother.

                    Kind Regards,

                    Sunirmalya S.

                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > fish and chip shop; but Australians please note: it has a completely
                    > > different (and uncomplimentary) meaning in American slang. Also, new
                    > > posters please use the link below to message #9286. We have some
                    > > customs desgned to help keep your online experience pleasant and
                    > > hassle-free. Please set your member preferences to hide your email
                    > > address, and post directly on the Inspiration site, not by sending
                    > > an email from your mail account. Thank you very much. -Assistant
                    > > Moderator]
                    > >
                    > > http://tinyurl.com/2z72h/9286
                    > >

                    > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, chitvanr
                    > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hi Arpan,
                    > > >
                    > > > I just wanted to thank you for posting some news from the function. I
                    > > > really appreciate these posts and hadn't noticed any in a while. I
                    > > > really like the feeling and thought you put into your posts and hope

                  • nayaknayaknayak
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 29, 2005
                      Dear Sunirmalya,

                      My heart leapt when I saw your name. You are my favorite humorous
                      disciple. Your humor is a gift from heaven, for sure. You can never be
                      ex. You are "rex", which means "king".

                      Be well,

                      Nayak

                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > >
                      > > > We saw a video of a very impressive synthesizer performance he gave
                      > > > during a concert in China. The synthesizer was quite sophisticated
                      > > > in its range of sounds and Sri Chinmoy's performance on it seemed to
                      > > > really transcend anything he had musically done on a synthesizer
                      > > > before. In the end it sounded like a well-orchestrated symphony.
                      > > >
                      > > > At the end of the function, Sri Chinmoy presented his guests with a
                      > > > number of nice gifts from China. They seemed so happy with the whole
                      > > > evening and were happy and eager to stay until the end. We then
                      > > > received a large helping of prasad (blessed food) in the form of
                      > > > gift bags, rounding out the four hour function.
                      > > >
                      > > > As we went back into the very cold and windy New York night, the
                      > > > full moon was brightly leading our way and the warmth and sweetness
                      > > > of the evening function kept us feeling happy and safe as we made

                    • prashphutita
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1, 2005
                        Hi ya, Sunirmalya! How have you been?

                        I am another of the (very) many students of Sri Chinmoy who really
                        miss your presence... I always remember the wonderful times we used
                        to share together. Especially when I was new on the path, and you
                        were such a tremendously inspiring influence on me (brings a tear or
                        three to my eyes...). It was great to see you again when you spent a
                        few days attending the functions with Sri Chinmoy when he was in
                        Australia (what year was that, anyway? early 2003? It seems such a
                        long time ago, already).

                        Anyway, I'll keep a close eye out for your name on the Sri Chinmoy
                        Inspiration Group. Ciao for now...

                        Your brother,

                        Prashphutita (Melbourne)

                        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak