9194Re: Determination

  • sarvosmi
    Nov 10, 2004
      As you say, determination is of paramount importance in achieving
      positive results in any significant field of endeavour, not least of
      all meditation. Sri Chinmoy offers many inspiring approaches for his
      students to further develop their determination. Personally, I
      learnt to enhance my determination through participating in the
      walking races. These have provided many illumining insights into
      determination, and have helped me greatly in developing better
      focus in my spiritual journey.

      Sarvosmi.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, erika2713
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > I suppose as a child there seemed to be one quality that I had that
      > always stood out and that is my determination.
      >
      > Looking back even through school I always set myself goals.
      > Although most of them were academic (in comparison to my 7 year old
      > who is totally sports orientated). I always was able to achieve
      > them.
      >
      > I believe that this was in preparation for the spiritual life where
      > goals are to be set and then to be achieved. I remember Prashanta
      > telling me (when I was a new student) that Sri Chinmoy suggested
      > that we set ourselves some goals at the start of the New Year
      > (coming up soon). These goals are for us to strive towards for the
      > coming year. They can be as easy as doing 10 pushups everyday but
      > something that may be a little more challenging than usual.
      >
      > I would be interested to hear what goals students have set and
      > whether they had challenges in acheiving their goals.
      >
      > *******
      > If you travel all the time
      > On the wings of hope,
      > And not