847Re: About The SCMT 3100 Miles

  • bhuvah_nz
    Jul 1 12:58 AM
      I came across this really nice excerpt by Sri Chinmoy expressing his
      views on physical fitness I thought you might be interested in:

      "I am a seeker and a God-lover. God is trying to inspire humanity in a
      new way in and through me. The spiritual Masters of the hoary past
      thought the inner life and the outer life could not go together. In
      India some of them think this even today. Our spiritual Masters, in
      order to realise God, used to live in the Himalayan caves or in one
      solitary room for 20, 30 or 40 years. They were afraid of entering
      into society. They said that the outer life could never be transformed
      because they felt that inner inspiration or aspiration did not
      function in the outer life. But my Beloved Supreme—who is my Lord, who
      is your Lord, who is everybody's Lord—feels that if we neglect the
      body, the outer life, then how are we going to be perfect in every
      aspect of life and how are we going to manifest Him? The body is the
      temple and the soul is the shrine. If we neglect the temple and do not
      keep it in good condition, what will happen to the shrine? If we pay
      attention only to the shrine, then how can the temple do something for
      God?"

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchanajai
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > We are so inspired by this incredible feat our sister and
      > brothers runners are manifesting in New York!
      >

      > ¨The human life is a difficult
      > Cross-country run.
      >
      > The divine life is an easy, charming
      > And Heaven-enjoying Fun-Run.¨
      >
      > Sri Chinmoy

      Some other beautiful sites about Sri Chinmoy and Sri Chinmoy´s
      activities:

      http://www.srichinmoy.org

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com

      http://www.srichinmoypoetry.com