750Re: Inspiration in Australia

  • sssssanjay
    Jun 4, 2003
      Very inspiring, Salil!
      Although, the experience I am about to relate is not nearly as powerful as yours, nor
      is really in the same context, it was one that gave me tremendous joy - and again, it
      was a one inspired by a suggestion of Sri Chinmoy's that I had not expected.

      Santosh and I were working on a project with the Indian Prime Minister's office while
      the PM was visiting New York. Sri Chinmoy really admired the Prime Minister and had
      written a song for him.

      Some of the PM's ministers thought that Sri Chinmoy should bring his students to
      perform for the PM. As the PM's schedule was very hectic, however, the PM's
      secertaries thought that scheduling a meeting would be very difficult - and indeed it
      proved so.

      Santosh and I spent a day meeting various Indian officials at their hotel in NYC, but in
      the end nothing could be scheduled until a later trip - the meeting during which
      proved very uplifting and inspiring for all involved.

      In any case, as Santosh and I had a mildly frustrating experience, although very much
      a learning one. Many people in the Indian PM's cabinet were highly enthusiastic and
      receptive. When we returned from the hotel, Sri Chinmoy told us to do something
      quite cute.

      Sri Chinmoy said with a big smile that Santosh and I should go to the Annam Brahma
      restaurant and eat "as much as we could". Now as everyone knows, stuffing one's self
      with good food is a delight and extremely satisfying experience.

      Santosh and I went to Annam Brahma. He eats like a bird and couldn't manage even
      his entree. I, however, enjoy eating and spent about 2 hours ordering meal after
      meal and a couple desserts until I could barely walk home.

      The meal took away all traces of frustration and failure, although, like I said, the
      experience of the PM although not successful was still a good one. I went home full
      of delight and satisfaction (and I think I fell asleep within about 20 seconds of
      arriving home).

      Sri Chinmoy's cute request had brought fulfilment.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, salil_wilson <no_reply@y...>

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic