7435Re: The importance of this site

  • srichinmoyinspiration
    Sep 19, 2004
      Nayak, you are a kindly and spiritually advanced soul. I agree with
      your underlying sentiment. I might not use the exact same words,
      because if you say that the Inspiration Group is "important," then
      you get people posting "important sounding" things; if you say that
      it's about "manifesting and strengthening our divine nature" then
      you get people posting about how divine they are - which could get
      old pretty fast. What I wrote on the home page is that "Here you
      will find a beautiful tapestry woven by spiritual seekers from
      around the world, who are sharing what Sri Chinmoy means in their
      daily lives."

      That tapestry includes the important and the mundane - the height of
      profundity and the depth of absurdity. It includes people who are
      "manifesting and strengthening their divine nature," as well as
      people who are manifesting the fact that they just sat on an
      exploding tomato! Depending on what kind of day you've had, the
      exploding tomato story may do more to bring a much-needed smile than
      any kind of manifestation rhetoric.

      While I sometimes urge people to avoid fanaticism, jargon and typos,
      I don't insist that everything they post must be important or
      consciousness-raising. If this were a dot-com site, I might easily
      spring for a domain name like:

      respect-the-potato.com

      rather than:

      consciousness-raising-divinity-flowers-of-the-supreme-lord.com

      But maybe that's just my quirky sense of humor. I am an under-
      achiever, and feel more comfortable when the bar isn't set too high.

      Anyway, I leave you with an old joke my cousin once told me: How do
      you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice!

      Assistant Moderator

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > This site is serving a very important purpose. Do you agree with me
      > on this? This site is a tangible expression of our path to others
      > and to ourselves. I am sure that there are many people reading these
      > messages who are not yet participating. But, even if not one person
      > is following this except us, we--each of us--is manifesting and
      > strengthening our divine nature through our writings here. If a
      > pianist practices and practices but never performs, there will be
      > progress, but not as much progress as will come from a public
      > performance. To make our consciousness outwardly manifest is a
      > marvelous thing. The site does that for us. When we share with each
      > other, express our sincere feelings for Sri Chinmoy, tell of our
      > spiritual activities, our hopes, our dreams, well--to me that is
      > like becoming real! When we "perform" (i.e., contribute) both the
      > person posting and the readers get so much benefit from it.
      >
      > Contributing to this site is not just something random from an idle
      > few minutes. Posting here is raising our own and others'
      > consciousness considerably.
      >
      > That is my two cents.
      >
      > Yours,
      >
      > Nayak