6555The Autobiographic Poem

  • nadanadanada27
    Sep 3, 2004
      On Sri Chinmoy's birthday I posted some quotes from "The
      Autobiographic Poem" by Sri Chinmoy. Artem from Syberia wanted to
      get the whole poem. The version I have is unofficial, and I can
      offer no further information at this time. It might be wise to treat
      this as a sketch or work in progress by Sri Chinmoy.

      Thank you,
      Nada

      The Autobiographic Poem

      [unofficial version]

      There was an orphan boy.
      His name was Madal Chinmoy.
      He hailed from a wee village, Shakpura.
      He became his Family's ananda fuara.

      He lost his father at the age of eleven.
      The following year, his mother was summoned by Heaven.

      At the age of twelve, he came to Pondicherry
      To be a passenger of his Master's Ferry.
      Sports he liked and became a mountain-champion.
      But neglected not his dream of God-Union.

      One night his guru Supreme entered into his sweetness-dream,
      Said,

      "Get up to meditate. Get up to meditate.
      In years to come you will have to navigate
      The birthless and deathless mankind's sorrows
      To the Golden Shore of Tomorrows.
      Give due importance to your body, vital, mind, heart and soul
      To help the world reach its destined Goal."

      Madal, kettledrum of the cosmic Gods, became Consciousness-Full.
      God's Compassion-Eye made him a teacher of His Inner School.
      His student-life he took as his life's bondage-night,
      Therefore his heart pined for Freedom-Light.
      Now that he is a Teacher of the Inner School,
      He realizes that he is an unspeakable fool.
      Humanity's transformation-fate
      Is a completely closed iron-gate.
      He breathlessly cried to God, "Save me, my Lord, save!"

      "For you, no rest! Sunlit path you needs must pave.
      For you no rest, not even a fleeting rest
      Because in you I have found My Heart's Satisfaction-Nest."

      "O, Lord, I am crying, bleeding and dying."

      "Who prevents you from smiling and flying?"

      The whole world came to him.
      He desperately wanted to hide.
      His Absolute Lord Supreme commanded him
      Allwhere with Him to ride.