6481Re: Light to everyone

  • sunamitalim
    Sep 2, 2004
      Tarakini is Tuula's new spiritual name which she told me the whole
      meaning of afterwards, but which I can only recollect now as
      essentially, "beautiful bright star," Martanda. You're right--
      Tarakini's new name beams forth even more brightly from her
      beautiful soul. Congratulations again, Tarakini, Tejal, and others!

      Here's an insightful response by Sri Chinmoy in his book, The
      Quintessence of Knowledge Sun:

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/quintessence-knowledge-sun/8.html

      Question: What determines the soul's qualities?

      Sri Chinmoy: The soul itself and the Compassion-Light of the
      Supreme. The soul imbibes and assimilates the Compassion-Light of
      the Supreme according to its receptivity. What the soul's qualities
      are depends on how much the soul can receive of the Compassion-Light
      of the Supreme, which has all the qualities that the soul needs.

      Unfortunately, when the soul descends to earth, the divine qualities
      that it received from the Supreme are covered by earthly ignorance.
      The soul is ever-free, but when it enters into the earth arena it
      encounters darkness and obstacles. These things enter into the soul,
      and it becomes difficult for the soul to shake them off and bring
      its divine qualities to the fore. But all the good qualities that
      the soul needs come only from the Compassion-Light of the Supreme,
      The soul's receptivity determines which divine qualities the soul
      receives in abundant measure and which qualities it receives to a
      lesser degree.

      Sunamita

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, martanda_oslo
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Congratulations Tejal on your spiritual name!
      >
      > I saw 3 or 4 students receive their spiritual names towards the
      > end of the celebration. Tula from one of our Nordic centres
      > (Helsinki), received her spiritual name. She usually beams, but on
      > the day she received her name she beamed 3 times more than usual.
      >
      > Does anyone from the centre (Jan?) know her new name/the meaning
      > of her name? If she gives her permission, could you post it here?
      >
      > Martanda
      >

      > -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, tejal_light01
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi to everyone in this beautiful group.
      > >
      > > I would like to share with you one very beautiful experience.
      > > Two days ago I received my spiritual name: Tejal. It means:
      > >
      > > "The supremely beautiful and powerful Light For the full
      > > manifestation Of our Lord Supreme on earth."
      > >
      > > Those who have a spiritual name know the meaning and
      > > significance of having it. To receive a spiritual name is a
      > > very, very special thing, but what I wanted to share was this:
      > >
      > > When two students of Sri Chinmoy came to congratulate me, they
      > > expressed so much joy on their faces and were smiling as I never
      > > saw them smile before. They were swimming deep in the sea of joy
      > > and happiness. They showed me the power of real oneness. They
      > > were so happy!!!
      > >
      > > With gratitude
      > >
      > > Tejal
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic