5810Re: OT - soccer again : guess the result!

  • suchana27
    Aug 2, 2004
      Dear Ashirvad,

      Many thanks for your kind words and best wishes for the 2006
      World Cup!

      To be honest with you, I just wanted to congratulate you and my
      Brazilian sisters and brothers for the recent championship you won.
      But I don't like football myself in spite of having had two
      important football players in my family. One of them became very
      famous both in Argentina and in Italy, for he could easily score
      goals with his head! The other one, originally from a Polish family,
      was also a very well-known coach in Peru many years ago.

      Maybe this omnipresent sport becomes closer to me when it is
      played in the Olympics. Here, most of participants are proudly
      representing the amateur aspect of the country and it is easier then
      to see joy and satisfaction on their faces even though they may not
      win. Anyway, it seems the football world will be producing many more
      championships in the future. You know that a most important
      international corporation is sponsoring a new football championship
      among school teenagers in Argentina and that the final award is to
      travel to RIO DE JANEIRO? All the kids are very happy and eager to
      visit Brazil soon!

      May all these international projects lead the young people to a
      true sense of friendship and reciprocal admiration. Sri Chinmoy has
      lovingly spoken about the value of friendship in his writings. I
      have chosen the following passage to close my present posting:

      "Friendship means invitation. God blessingfully and cheerfully
      invites His sweet children to play inside His Satisfaction-Heart-
      Garden." - Sri Chinmoy

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/friendship/27.html

      Have a great time! See you at Celebrations!
      Suchana
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic