3403PANORAMA: two poems

  • devakigroulx
    Mar 31, 2004
      This morning two poems 'came' to me and in the spirit of
      sharing inspiration, I'd like to offer them here. One is funny and
      one is serious. If Panorama is still accepting poems, I'd be
      happy to put them there, now or later edition. Thanks. Devaki
      (Note- Montreal has 6 months of long, hard, cold winter with lots
      and lots of snow.)

      SPRING!!

      Spring has finally sprung
      and in the freezing north
      there's much to be sung
      for winters here are not any fun!
      Thank God for the sun,
      not only in the sky, but in my heart and eye.
      As the sun melts the snow
      and the seeds start to grow
      my inner light flows.
      As the sun warms the earth, I feel MY re-birth.
      As the birds start to sing
      my inner bell rings
      "Wake up you sleepy-head.
      What are you -dead?"
      As the flowers stretch and yawn
      and a little green shows on the lawn
      I think there's hope for me yet
      Ah spring-a new dawn!

      40 YEARS AGO

      40 years ago this spring
      Occurred a most amazing thing
      A young man from a far-off place
      Came to America, a new life to face
      With God in his heart,
      He felt he had to do his part
      To help the world to 'see'
      To set some inner spirits free
      To guide those in need
      And hungry seekers feed
      With only faith to guide him
      His inner Light inside him
      He began to spread his Light
      He taught what was right
      And how to fight with all one's might
      Aginst the forces of ignorance-night
      Now it's been 40 years
      And many smiles and tears
      He's inspired Truth, Peace and Light
      And not to give up the fight
      To make the world a better place
      To always show one's very best face
      To never give up the inner race
      To know and feel God's living Grace
      We thank him for coming, for sharing his Vision
      We thank the Supreme
      For that special 'decision'
      To send him to us who needed him so
      We thank him for coming
      40 years ago!

      Love and gratitude to Guru and to all his World-wide children
      who are keeping his Vision and inspiration flowing. Devaki
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic