26107OT Red on Yellow

  • mahiruha_27
    Mar 6, 2014

      One of my fitness trainers is from north Florida.  He recently told me about three exciting new sports, particular to his particular part of the state, that I had never heard of before!  So, here they are, in alphabetical order:

      Boar Rastling

      This game involves rastling  (wrestling, I suppose) a wild boar.  Supposedly, you’re supposed to wrestle the boar until it’s completely immobilized.  Then, you get up and let it go.  Sounds like fun, right?  Just make sure you pick a relatively small, young, slow and stupid boar as wild pigs are among the most dangerous and scariest creatures in the wild.

      Gator Chicken

      That’s right.  The purpose of this game is to get as close to an alligator as possible without being eaten by it.  I suppose it’s best to make a really loud noise and give it a feisty kick to show the giant reptile who’s boss.  Definitely your cred will go way up if you do this several times.

      Snake Tag

      I guess you have to find some wild snake and then pat it on the head and run off without being bitten.  My friend told that he would usually pick non-poisonous snakes to clown around with.  But what about pythons, I wonder?  They’re not poisonous, but they’ve been known to eat alligators alive and whole.  What do you think they’ll do to you?  Anyway, stay away from Burmese pythons, water moccasins and coral snakes.  Focus on green snakes and garter snakes.  And yes, bring an up-to-date and in-color field guide just so that you can remind yourself “Red on yellow kills a fellow…”

      Good luck with all of these charming past times.  If you’re under thirty, definitely get your parents’ permission before trying any of these.

      --Mahiruha

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic