26089Further Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: Birthday blessings

  • mahiruha_27
    Feb 24, 2014

      I remember one cold winter Wednesday night meditation which Guru held at the tent at Aspiration-Ground.  It was relatively warm inside the tent because of the heating, but all of us were still bundled up.  He was blessing one of my best friends for his birthday.  He said to him, “You have been with me for thirty-seven years, and I am giving you thirty-seven thousand blessings.”  There was no trace of irony in Guru’s voice.   I actually felt that he was giving this man thousands and thousands of blessings at that moment.

      Guru’s capacities and compassion continue to astound me.