26088RE: Silence

  • doris.cott
    Feb 24, 2014
      Dear Mahiruha,

      While reading your post I didn't know whether to smile or to cry. In the end I giggled.

      Quite a while ago I found a youtube video by chance under the theme of friendship. It was about two young girls, one rather corpulent, the other rather slim. They were obviously friends, sitting on a bench and enjoying not to speak. An invisible person recited Guru's essay "Silence" from his book Songs Of The Soul. I was really moved and wanted to leave a comment later, but I couldn't find the video anymore. Also, Guru's name as the source for this beautiful text was missing in the video and I had wanted to mention this to the public and to the two nice girls.

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/songs-of-the-soul/my-silence