25997Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: Shake the lotus

  • mahiruha_27
    Oct 15, 2013

      One of my friends had a problem that wouldn’t go away.  It caused him endless anxiety and unhappiness.  Finally he told Guru what it was that he felt he was doing wrong.  Guru said, “Think of a lotus.  A lotus is so beautiful.  But then a fly comes and sits on the lotus.  You simply shake the lotus and once again the lotus is pure and beautiful.”  (My wording)

      I find this piece of advice helpful.  We are not our mistakes.  The spiritual Masters tell us that we have real purity and divinity inside of us, and this divinity is our true essence.  By identifying with our inner beauty and inner perfection, we can become the beauty and fragrance of our own inner lotus.

      --Mahiruha