25896Guru's comments on the future

  • mahiruha_27
    Jul 8, 2013
      In late 1997, Guru had a special meditation at PS 117, in Queens. I don't remember much about it. I just remember, at one point, Guru said very powerfully, "Don't worry about your future! Don't insult your soul!"

      I had never thought about worry in that light before. I used to suffer from anxiety and worry an awful lot. And from time to time, I still have to fight these thoughts off. But how is worry an insult to my soul?

      Maybe worry is a manifestation of doubt, or self-doubt, we don't feel that God will help us, or that we will be strong enough or competent enough to deal with the troubles that lie ahead. So in that sense can see how worry is a kind of refutation of God's Love for us, and our own faith in our inner pilot, the soul.

      If you have not seen Amritananda Russel Barber's immortal interview with Guru, I highly recommend you do. I don't know if this interview is available on Sri Chinmoy TV, but if it is, maybe somebody can show me how to find it. In this interview, Guru speaks most eloquently on the need to live in the moment, and to leave tomorrow's troubles for tomorrow.